Need Alternative Browser?

Discussion in 'other software & services' started by Airr, Aug 1, 2006.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. Airr

Airr Registered Member

Until the recent 'upgrade' of Firefox -- I was a very happy user - but, there are some major problems with it -- and attempting to get help without nasty remarks is impossible! [over on the "official" site].

I have never understood what makes some people think that being nasty to those who are asking questions when they have problems is an adequate substitute for brains and/or helpful answers o_O

At any rate, I no longer have the time or inclination to deal with those who want to act like spoiled brats! :rolleyes:
    At my age -- I just don't give a rats! I dealt with it for far too long as it was!

Sorry, just had to rant a bit!

As an elder, I am not too good at mastering difficult computer things - so, I would need a browser that is 'close' to the way Firefox was before they messed it up.

Please advise, inform, or suggest.
    :)

2. yahoo

yahoo Registered Member

Why not give Opera (www.opera.com) a try? It is easy and free too. You can also consider other browsers from Mozilla family, such as SeaMonkey, K-melon, and etc.

Last edited: Aug 1, 2006
  3. rdsu

rdsu Registered Member

Change to Opera... ;)

4. ThunderZ

ThunderZ Registered Member

I would suggest Opera as well.
    If you should ever feel like expounding on the problems you encountered with Firefox I`m sure your response(s) would be different here. ;)

5. Bubba

Bubba Updates Team

Once others get ya squared away with another browser and you feel like fooling with it in your spare time....give another go at attempting to get Firefox going if you wish.

While this ain't the "official" site of Firefox....I can assure you there are some very capable members here that would be more than glad to assist and I can also assure you want experience any nastiness

;)

6. pvsurfer

pvsurfer Registered Member

Do yourself a favor and checkout Maxthon. a powerful tabbed browser that's based on the IE6 engine - which means that every place you surf with IE6 you can surf with Maxthon - but more efficiently. ...and of course, it's free!

http://www.maxthon.com/

7. ronjor

ronjor Global Moderator

Last edited: Aug 1, 2006
  8. ThunderZ

ThunderZ Registered Member

9. Airr

Airr Registered Member

yahoo, VaMPiRiC_CRoW, ThunderZ
    Thanks for the "Opera" suggestion and link -- I tried it many years ago and it was just not for me then -- that is when I went to Firefox -- but, I may look into it now.
    :)

Bubba
    Yes, I do feel that I have been dealt with very well here the few times that I have asked for something -- I have always been given good advise and never felt as though anyone was being anything other than great to deal with!

pvsurfer, ronjor, ThunderZ
    Thank you for your information and links -- I sincerely appreciate each and everyone of them and I am going to check them all out.
    :thumb:

10. bellgamin

bellgamin Registered Member

You said you wanted something where the transition from Firefox wouldn't be too great. Bearing in mind that FF works from the Gecko engine, I can recommend the following browsers that also use Gecko...

Netscape - the *original* gecko-based browser
    K-meleon - a slimmed-down, slightly faster version of Firefox
    K-Ninja - a slimmed-down, slightly faster version of K-meleon

Any of those 3 should be a delight, & all have friendly forums. I mostly use K-Ninja.:ninja:

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. This site uses cookies to help personalise content, tailor your experience and to keep you logged in if you register.
    By continuing to use this site, you are consenting to our use of cookies.