Need advise re: firewall...

Discussion in 'other firewalls' started by fce, May 20, 2007.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. fce

fce Registered Member

I currently have PC-Cillin Internet Security 2007 as my anti-virus, antispyware and personal firewall. I just installed SuperAntiSpyware as my secondary antispyware and want to install the Comodo Firewall (Vista ready by June 7). Is it worth to try Comodo Firewall (Vista ready)?

I would appreciate your suggestion and comment.

Thank you in advance!

2. bigc73542

bigc73542 Retired Moderator

Make sure that the pc-cillin firewall is not running when you install the comodo firewall because they will conflict. I ran PC-Cillin Internet Security 2007 for quite a while and didn't see anything wrong with the firewall that comes with the suite.

3. TonyW

TonyW Registered Member

If you're going to use Comodo Firewall, or any other firewall for that matter, I'd make sure the firewall in PC-Cillin Internet Security 2007 is turned off first.

4. fce

fce Registered Member

i chat with pccillin reps and they advised me to uninstall pccillin firewall if i will use other personal firewall.

guys what option is better...

Option 1 (Current installed and no problem at all, just want to try better security ;) ):

PC-Cillin Internet Security 2007 (with firewall) + SuperAntiSpyware Pro

option 2:

PC-Cillin Internet Security 2007 (without Firewall) + Comodo Firewall (Vista ready) + SuperAntiSpyware Pro

Option 3:

PC-Cillin Anti Virus 2007 + Comodo Firewall (Vista ready) + SuperAntiSpyware Pro

Option 4: (already try Kaspersky Internet Security, i experienced a lot of problem....ex. program malfunction....i hope Kaspersky Anti Virus will not give me that same problem)

Kaspersky Anti Virus + Comodo Firewall (Vista ready) + SuperAntiSpyware Pro

sorry guys just newbie here want to try something else.....

thanks!

5. bigc73542

bigc73542 Retired Moderator

Personally I would just leave PC-Cillin alone and use it. Have you been infected while useing it??

6. fce

fce Registered Member

no. i'm using PC Cillin for 2years without any problem....except last month when i have a lot of pop-ups (URL) from one website that almost slow down and need to re-start my computer. its slip the security of PC Cillin thats why i installed SuperAntiSpyware for additional back-up for my PC Cillin.

just curious with other top firewall and anti virus software today thats why i want to try them.
    :)

7. twl845

twl845 Registered Member

Like my signature says, if it ain't broke don't fix it. However, I use Comodo and think it's great. As far as I know you can't have 2 firewalls at the same time. If you try to install a second one and the new one detects a file from the original one it'll give you an error message like Comodo detects another firewall and can't proceed, or something like that. If you have the .exe file from pc-cillin in your my downloads folder you could uninstall pc-cillin, try Comodo, and if you want to go back later just uninstall Comodo and re-install pc-cillin.

8. fce

fce Registered Member

yeah, if it ain't broke don't fix it....but just i said i have bad experience last month when i experience a lot of website pop-ups thats why i installed additional security (Superantispyware) to my computer.

currently i have PC-Cillin IS 2007 and SuperAntiSpywar Pro.

i might stick to that two program.

guys can you advise me the real time and on-demand security that i need. is that two software enough ?

thank you

9. twl845

twl845 Registered Member

I have SuperAntispyware also. I use Ad-Aware and SpywareBlaster too. The SpywareBlaster doesn't scan, it just sits there and blocks. Good one.

10. fce

fce Registered Member

do i need spywareblaster or i'm good with that two?

sowi nebie here :rolleyes:

11. Woody777

Woody777 Registered Member

If Pc-Cillin works leave it. Comodo won't work any better most likely it'll just be a new app. If you want separates then get an antivirus, a firewall & a real time antimalware app. Comodo is ok as a firewall but not that great but it is free, boclean now free only scans memory but does a nice job. There are some antivirus' better than P Cillin but under most conditions P Cilllin will work just great.

12. fce

fce Registered Member

i try spywareblaster....

now i have PC-Cillin IS 2007 + SuperAntiSpyware Pro + SpywayBlaster (Free ed.)

anything need to add more?

13. twl845

twl845 Registered Member

Your good with those. :D

14. flinchlock

flinchlock Registered Member

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. This site uses cookies to help personalise content, tailor your experience and to keep you logged in if you register.
    By continuing to use this site, you are consenting to our use of cookies.