Need advise: Online Back up

Discussion in 'backup, imaging & disk mgmt' started by fce, Jun 3, 2011.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. fce

fce Registered Member

Can you please let me know if there's online back up that offer unlimited back up storage that include backing up external drive?

Im trying carbonite and just found out that I can't do backing up my external drive. I'm planning to copy the file from external drive to my internal hardisk but according to Carbonite once I delete the file (i copied from ext hard drive) to internal drive they will delete that for 30days. Sucks!

2. n8chavez

n8chavez Registered Member

There are a lot of companies that allow you to store external hard drive data, some of which are better than other. I have tried every online storage company there is, it seems like. The vast majority of them will want a monthly fee, usually per 100gb increments, but offer a lot of features. Then there are those that change very little, comparatively, but don't have the same features.

How much data will you need to store? Do you care about audio streaming? Do you care about video streaming? Will you need to share a lot of data with users? Will you need to access data from a mobile device? These are all thing you'll need to thing about before you make a decision.

If you need to be able to share data, care about video/audio streaming, and need to access data from a mobile device then I might look at SugarSync or SafeSync (formerly Humyo)

If you just need to be able to store your data, sync system, and share data then I would look at SpiderOak. They offer per-user encryption keys.

If you need to store a massive amount of data on the cheaper sider and don't really need a lot of features, such as audio/video streaming, mobile access, or system syncing, then I would look at Online Storage Solutions. They offer unlimited storage and data sharing. They might have have the best gui, and you won't get a custom app, but it should work right with a good FTP client.

Let me know if you need anything else.

n8

3. Azuredevil

Azuredevil Registered Member

I've become a fan of Crashplan after trying Backblaze and dropping Mozy after their pricing change

4. jiggity

jiggity Registered Member

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. This site uses cookies to help personalise content, tailor your experience and to keep you logged in if you register.
    By continuing to use this site, you are consenting to our use of cookies.