need advice

Discussion in 'privacy technology' started by john doe, Jun 1, 2008.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. Genady Prishnikov

Genady Prishnikov Registered Member

So, when you were writing this past weekend about how excited you would be to kick off the CPers, fraudsters, etc. and would gladly cooperate with authorities - how will you do it? Are you going to help them indict an "access account holder?" Smoke and mirrors. You are SO contradictory about so many things. And yes, I know, identity of IP address and personal identity are two different things. However, why make such a fuss over the "we don't know who you are," when you know as well as I, that you could talk and LEO could know the identity within hours - or sooner. (Assuming one were accessing XB from their own IP.)

BTW, I can't believe your attacks on Anonymizer. Bad blood between you and Lance? Their basic service never claimed more than to hide the IP address with the higher levels of service offering more. I see nothing wrong with that. What I DO see is a bit of of envy in every post where you attack anonymizer.

Last edited: Jun 9, 2008
  2. SteveTX

SteveTX Registered Member

As I explained before, there are two ways to do it. You either have to have the traffic and want an ID from it, or have an ID and want traffic. If you have the ID (you're already busted and under surveillance), then LEO would say they have an originating IP address, and ask us to follow the traffic through the system. If they have traffic and want an ID, that's going to be pretty hard because that would have to be a live trace against multiplexed multihop traffic. Assuming the trace was successful, we could trace it to the originating IP address.

Are you asking if we are going to comply with a legitimate court order of competent jurisdiction?

Because that makes the link anonymous, even from us, unless the admins collude and start trying to trace, which is a very flag-raising event. There is no single database to subpoena. No central point of compromise unless you're calling all independent admins a single point which actually would be a contradiction. If the admins didn't want to cooperate, that would lead to an interesting situation.

3. Pleonasm

Pleonasm Registered Member

Perhaps I am mistaken, but based upon my reading of your prior posts, Steve, I was under the impression that an independent third-party handled all of the transactions to the deposit account – and, therefore, it was impossible for XeroBank to know the identity of a customer. Can you kindly clarify this point?

Steve, when you have a moment, please reply to this inquiry.

Thank you.

4. SteveTX

pleonasm, in the xb1.0 network it worked that way. no longer needs to.

as for the others i'll get it it later. we got word early this morning they are going to launch xb2.0 today so we're chickens with our heads cut off. ciao

5. Pleonasm

Pleonasm Registered Member

Steve, is this because you have implemented a one-way association from the deposit account holder to the access account holder in the version 2.0 network, and therefore knowledge of the identity of the deposit account holder becomes irrelevant as far as the privacy of Internet activity by the access account holder is concerned?

6. SteveTX

Perfect.

7. wonnmeister

wonnmeister Registered Member

The iphantom works with any OS and works very well. I've used it for the past 3 years. Only problem is, Phantom Technologies is longer selling the iPhantom. They discontinued it about a year ago. They only sell the iBoss, which is more of a NetNanny type of device. They still provide service for any existing accounts, but no longer sell new ones. And on an added note, they don't have replacements for broken iPhantoms.............which is what led me to this forum.......

My iPhantom finally died last night, probably a port went bad.
    Caspian, want to sell yours?

8. caspian

caspian Registered Member

No I want to hang on t mine. So sorry yours quit. I just don't understand why they quit selling it. I think it is really cool.

Do you know who airlinereservationes.com is? Do they handle traffic other than Iphantoms?

9. wonnmeister

wonnmeister Registered Member

That's ok. I decided to go with xerobank. Loving the service so far. Just as fast as iPhantom, a little more pricey, but the extra services and the random exit points make it worth it.

I'll probably crack my iPhantom open and fiddle with it. They said they would leave my account in the temporarily inactive status in case I get it fixed.

Never heard of the airlinereservationes.com. Why do you ask?

10. caspian

caspian Registered Member

Xerobank is far far better. But I always liked the Iphantom because everything has to go through that hardware device. I think the idea is cool and would be less likely to fail or leak. That is why I am excited about the cryptorouter that Xerobank will be offering soon.. That is going to be the best ever!

airlinereservation.com comes up as the IP address for Iphantom.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. This site uses cookies to help personalise content, tailor your experience and to keep you logged in if you register.
    By continuing to use this site, you are consenting to our use of cookies.