Need Advice on Configuring Internet for Bootable AV Disks

Discussion in 'other anti-malware software' started by Brandonn2010, Oct 17, 2011.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. Brandonn2010

Brandonn2010 Registered Member

Right now I'm using SARDU on a USB drive. I love it, but when I try different bootable AVs on a computer, they can never connect to the Internet, so can't download definition updates. For Kaspersky's I even tried manually entering what I think is our home networks configuration and it still didn't get Internet.

What's your advice?

2. Brandonn2010

Brandonn2010 Registered Member

Bump. Anyone know what I'm talking about? Being able to update the defs before scanning is important.

3. Adric

Adric Registered Member

The LiveCD versions that I have tried from

Avira
    Kaspersky
    Dr. Web
    BitDefender

have network support to allow you to update the virus definitions. If the support is there for your hardware is another question and you will have to test that. An Ethernet connection usually works. Your chances of success with wireless are less.

Al

4. J_L

J_L Registered Member

I know that Avira, AVG, Dr. Web, and Microsoft Standalone System Sweeper don't need internet connection.

Avira and Dr. Web have their ISO files updated daily.
    AVG can update manually via definition file.
    Microsoft Standalone System Sweeper downloads latest program and definitions before creating disc.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. This site uses cookies to help personalise content, tailor your experience and to keep you logged in if you register.
    By continuing to use this site, you are consenting to our use of cookies.