Need advice for a virus problem.

Discussion in 'malware problems & news' started by TBGuy, Feb 6, 2005.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. TBGuy

TBGuy Registered Member

Hello everyone. I seem to have gotten a virus on my computer. I believe it came from a popup or website that I visited recently. Now, every time I open up my internet explorer I get a message saying that I have a trojan and that it has been deleted, then I am informed that I have a virus. This virus promptly freezes my computer when I try to check e-mail or talk to other people on AOL Instant Messenger just to name a few. I have run virus scans and spyware scans several times and deleted the virus every time. The trojan is apparently called MultiDropper-GP.d and has infected the file C:\WINDOWS\SYSTEMS\djkpf.exe. I have a file called C:\RESTORE\ARCHIVE\FS740.CAB has been infected with the trojan Downloader-QS for quite some time now, but hasn't seemed to be causing any problems. It is apparently write-protected and I cannot delete it. That is an unrelated matter however, and the MultiDropper-GP.d trojan is my main concern. I apologize if this is too much for one post, I am new to message boards. If you need anything else just let me know. Thank you very much.

2. bigc73542

bigc73542 Retired Moderator

First go to here and run the online scan allow it to fix any problems it finds. after the scan turn off system restore and then reboot the computer, you will loose your restore points but you will remove the trojan in the restore partition before you possibly do a restore and get it back into your system. After you have done this post back here and let us know how it is doing.

bigc

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. This site uses cookies to help personalise content, tailor your experience and to keep you logged in if you register.
    By continuing to use this site, you are consenting to our use of cookies.