Need a VPN

Discussion in 'privacy technology' started by noblelord, Dec 1, 2011.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. noblelord

noblelord Registered Member

Hi all,

I've tried googling, but not really come up with much luck. I need a VPN solution (preferably something like Perfect Privacy with servers all over the place, so I can switch when I fancy), but if at all possible it should include ESTONIA. This is mainly so I can watch Estonian TV. Of course, I also don't want it to be a dodgy VPN. ;)

Does anyone have any recommendations/ideas? I'm asking here as I trust the good people of Wilders much more than some dodgy VPN review website!

Cheers all.

2. PaulyDefran

PaulyDefran Registered Member

I use Mullvad. It's only single hop, but the support questions were answered quickly and the Bitcoin purchase went smooth as silk.

P

3. mag1c

mag1c Registered Member

I use nVPN.net (Cheap, no logs and fast. Can Switch servers on the fly for an extra $10 a month)

Also checkout, QuadVPN or Doublevpn.com

Note: ( I used to use Perfect Privacy, but it's too expensive)

4. Pryvate

Pryvate Registered Member

5. DasFox

DasFox Registered Member

Yep, did you read that entire post?

I don't know if any of them have servers in Estonia and why does it have to be in Estonia?

6. CasperFace

CasperFace Registered Member

Here's a few VPN providers with servers in Estonia:

https://www.intl-alliance.com/store/index.php?main_page=index&cPath=1_174
    https://overplay.net/locations/estonia.php
    http://hidemyass.com/vpn/servers/

Any of those commercial services should be fine for everyday web surfing and/or watching Estonian television. All are legitimate businesses, so I don't think they'd be "dodgy" in that regard. However, if your internet activity requires a greater level of privacy/anonymity, I'd definitely look elsewhere.

7. DasFox

DasFox Registered Member

intl-alliance has a cert from Comodo and it's coming back untrusted, now that's worth a laugh... :)

And let's not even bring up HideMyAss... :thumbd: :thumbd: :thumbd:

8. Taliscicero

Taliscicero Registered Member

Why? I have been using them without a problem.

9. Digizik

Digizik Registered Member

10. Taliscicero

Taliscicero Registered Member

That's interesting, thanks for letting me know. I wonder if they would give me a refund on my VPN since i was told by a staff member when i signed up that no logs were kept, only server load logs. Because it was mis-sold there should be some way to get my money back but knowing this i doubt they will refund me.

11. noblelord

noblelord Registered Member

Thanks for all the comments - the main reason I want Estonia is for the TV coverage. :)

12. woomera

woomera Registered Member

ive been using witopia.net for 2 years now, happy as a clam :)

13. Digizik

i've tested the following providers for some time and came to the following results:

• strong vpn
    + cheap bundle, lots of servers in different counties, 24/7 support AAA+, very good speed
    - anonymity, keeping loggs

• ipredator
    + free open vpn, but also premium membership available, good support, separate email account with 1gb storage, speed average, lots of different configuration how to connect, protect privacy - loggs just 7 days
    - disconnections sometimes

• anonine
    + swedish server
    - keep logs + share it with fbi - prison up to 2 years, just 1 single server, shitty provider, 2048bit connection a joke!

• tunnel vpn
    + swedish company, good support, member area, 99,8% uptime of servers, never had an issue, accept ukash payment!, no logging, never!!!
    - vpn client of tunnel vpn didn't work on my pc with windows 7 32bit, with "default client" no problems

-------

hope, i could help a bit...

regards, digizik :)

14. marktor

marktor Registered Member

Im pretty sure this is wrong about Ipredator. No logs are kept... They dont offer Open VPN as far as I know.... Maybe I am mistaken? or did you post this wrong?

15. Digizik

yeah, you're right... :rolleyes: i've mixed something up... unfortunately i can't remember what the name of the provider was? i've searched the web, but didn't find it...

ipredator shouldn't keep any logs after the embarrassing news in 2009!
    http://www.itnews.com.au/News/151988,pirate-bays-ipredator-not-a-place-to-hide.aspx

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. This site uses cookies to help personalise content, tailor your experience and to keep you logged in if you register.
    By continuing to use this site, you are consenting to our use of cookies.