Need a Registry Compare tool

Discussion in 'other software & services' started by rrrh1, Sep 28, 2013.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. rrrh1

rrrh1 Registered Member

I had a program that would compare 2 registry hives and show the differences.

Can't remember the name.

It directly compared 2 registry (dot) .dat files.

Can anyone think of a software that did this that's freeware.

Thanks

rrrh1 (arch1)

2. tgell

tgell Registered Member

3. J_L

J_L Registered Member

4. pajenn

pajenn Registered Member

I use MiCeT's Windows Registry Recovery (freeware) to export registry hives to reg-files and then compare those reg-files using Beyond Compare. Beyond Compare is a commercial product but you can probably find free tools to compare text files.

I normally only use this method for software I install in sandboxie for the hive before and after to see what changed. Regshot is a better tool for taking before and after snapshots of the registry and file changes when installing software on the actual system.

5. rrrh1

rrrh1 Registered Member

Thanks folks but I have not found the program yet but was going to try some comandline programs that will work with regedit 5 files.

I have an old version of Nero burning ROM and something updated this week that has stopped it from making an audio CD. I have reinstalled it without success.

Was wanting to compare two different but similar machine installs, The problem is something supporting Nero not Nero itself.

The final burn menu never appears when you click burn. It was working fine Monday. Nero will still burn a data disk.

A new 2014 version is $109.99 and does a lot more but I am retiring this XP machine in the near future, too many software compatibility problems and XP support is winding down.

I would use ImgBurn but the new ASUS DVD burner seems to have a compatibility problem.

Thanks

rrrh1 (arch1)

6. Aryeh Goretsky

Aryeh Goretsky Security Expert

Hello,

Would RegShot work for your use case?

Regards,

Aryeh Goretsky

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. This site uses cookies to help personalise content, tailor your experience and to keep you logged in if you register.
    By continuing to use this site, you are consenting to our use of cookies.