Need a Question Answered

Discussion in 'ESET Smart Security' started by Atvduners, Jul 27, 2008.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. Atvduners

Atvduners Registered Member

Thank you all in advance for your help.... I Partitioned my hard drive today so now I have Vista 32 bit Ultimate for my business Apps, and 64 Bit Vista Ultimate for my Games.

Do I have to buy another license? I tried to log in from my email, the username works, but the password just brings me back to the login screen with the username in the window.....

I am trying to download the 64 Bit version...

2. nonoise

nonoise Registered Member

i don't think you need a second license. you are not running the two OS at the same time, i think you're fine.

3. nonoise

nonoise Registered Member

read official explanation here.

4. Bubba

Bubba Updates Team

I'm not sure of the answer yet but I don't feel the issue concerns running "two OS at the same time". The issue is the inability to download a 32 bit and then also trying to download a 64 bit. I'll stand corrected if wrong but with one license, that's like attempting to download EAV and ESS, which I don't think is permissible.

5. kringles

kringles Registered Member

@Bubba,

AFAIK holders of current ESS licenses can legally download EAV or the NOD32 V2 products and use them instead of but not in addition to ESS. Have done this myself when there were the networkng problems with ESS in earlier versions. EAV licesnse holders cannot download/use ESS but can download/use NOD32 V2. Have not tried to download both the 32 bit and 64 bit versions but see no reason this should not be allowed as long as only one was used at a time. As long as the number of licenses you hold match the number on instances running at any time you should be fine.

regards

Update; just went to the ESET site and downloaded the 64 bit version of ESS (had previously downloaded the 32 bit version with this license) with no problem. Could not try the dual boot as I currently have no 64 bit OS.

Last edited: Jul 29, 2008
Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. This site uses cookies to help personalise content, tailor your experience and to keep you logged in if you register.
    By continuing to use this site, you are consenting to our use of cookies.