Need a little helping making a decision

Discussion in 'other anti-malware software' started by n8chavez, Dec 18, 2007.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. n8chavez

n8chavez Registered Member

I'm trying to decide what final security application to use. I currently use Dr Web, LnS, SecureDelete, several hardeners, and I'm behind a router. I've been trying several products including Sandboxie, DefenseWall, SSM, Neoava Guard, and EQSecure. Every one seems to have its faults. I guess I prefer classical HIPS because they have the ability to protect prosseses from terminatiom, or even relaunch them if they get terminated. How does SSM handle portable devices? Any thoughts on what I should do?

Thanks.

2. solcroft

solcroft Registered Member

Restarting terminated processes is, I believe, a feature unique to SSM. EQSecure, even though it comes with ALOT of other attractive features, does not have this.

You may want to wait for v3.5 of EQSecure, which is soon to be released as a beta. The new featureset looks very tempting indeed.

3. n8chavez

n8chavez Registered Member

I would probably stick with SSM Pro if I knew how it treated removable devices; if it had a 'mode' such as DefenseWall does. I would with my u3 a lot.

4. Rasheed187

Rasheed187 Registered Member

No offence, but why not just choose the products that you like the most? I don´t really understand all these people seeking for advice, but of course, we are all different. Anyway, just choose a sandbox and a HIPS, both have their own purpose as you might know. Sandboxes protect against zero day bugs and HIPS can warn you about possible dangerous behavior when you´re about to install a tool. HIPS can also protect against zero day attacks, but probably not as good as sandboxes can.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. This site uses cookies to help personalise content, tailor your experience and to keep you logged in if you register.
    By continuing to use this site, you are consenting to our use of cookies.