Need a lil help with my norton ghost

Discussion in 'backup, imaging & disk mgmt' started by YODA, Aug 10, 2002.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. YODA

YODA Registered Member

hey guys,

I'm trying to connect two pcs together with USB A to A, can't get it to connect. Do you really need the USB that symantecs list, or will my USB A to A connection work. Do i need software to get it connecting, or is the two computers connected once the usb is in? Can't find symantecs support site either, the part where u can post message o_O

YODA

2. Prince_Serendip

Prince_Serendip Registered Member

:) Hi YOD@! I can't believe there have been no responses yet! I'd love to answer but I've never done that before, nor used Norton Ghost. I'll check around some other sites I know. Of course, it is a weekend and Wilders is usually pretty quiet. Busy people. Give 'em a couple days at least. Hang in there! ;)

Note: It might help matters if you post the OS's and specs of the two computers you are trying to connect.

3. YODA

YODA Registered Member

Laptop: 433mhz, about 4.5 gb, windows 98se,192mb ram
    Desktop:750mhz, about 30gb, windows 98se, 256mb ram, sony 32x10x40, norton ghost 2002

Will be burning contents of laptop to CD, heh... :D then unloading it on a different desktop (475mhz computer)

Prince, i found the symantec support ... posted a message to them; I hope all this can work lol

YODA

4. snowy

snowy Guest

Yoda

would offer to help if I could..but can't.....have never tryed what you are doing.

snowman

5. FanJ

FanJ Guest

Hi Yoda,

I'm afraid that I too cannot help you very much here.

I'm not quite sure whether it is a hardware or a software problem, but you could try to ask your question on the DSLR Software forum:

http://www.dslreports.com/forum/sware

6. Technodrome

Technodrome Security Expert

First of all;

Did you create standard boot disks with the option of USB support?

Technodrome

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.