NDAS Model 321 Need device id and write key

Discussion in 'Acronis True Image Product Line' started by Mohib, Jun 6, 2009.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. Mohib

Mohib Registered Member

Hi,

I have a NDAS and while using Acronis True Image 2009, it is asking for 20 character device id and 5 character write key. I contacted D-Link and they told me that they do not have any idea what is device id and write key. The model of NDAS is DNS 321. I have attached 2 hard drives with 500 GB each. Please help.

2. snifferpro

snifferpro Registered Member

Found this on the D-link site. Does it relate to your problem?

Attention: The Deskstar 7K1000.B - Model HDT721010SLA360 Hitachi drives are currently having issues when used with the DNS-321, 323 and 343. Follow these steps in order to use these drives with your D-Link NAS product:
    Step 1: Log in to the devices Web Configuration
    Step 2: Select Tools
    Step 3: Click the Restart button.
    This will allow the D-Link NAS to detect and configure your drives.

Note: This must be done each time your D-Link NAS is power on and will be fixed in the next firmware update.

3. Mohib

Mohib Registered Member

Sorry for the delay. I don't have Hitach hard drives. So it is not the case.

4. First Timer

First Timer Registered Member

Sorry I do not want to hijack your thread, but I have the same problem with WDBOOK external drive and have no idea what they are talking about. Did you ever get an answer?
    Thank you.

5. Acronis Support

Acronis Support Acronis Support Staff

Hello all,

Thank you for using Acronis True Image

First Timer,

NAS drives differ from NDAS devices. If you are an owner of a NDAS device, device id and write key should be available on the case of the drive or inside the tech documentation. If this information is not available, we can assume that you have a NAS drive. You should place the archives as if you place them to a shared folder selecting the drive under My network places.

Thank you.

--
    Oleg Lee

6. First Timer

First Timer Registered Member

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. This site uses cookies to help personalise content, tailor your experience and to keep you logged in if you register.
    By continuing to use this site, you are consenting to our use of cookies.