nCleaner

Discussion in 'other software & services' started by whitedragon551, Aug 31, 2010.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. whitedragon551

whitedragon551 Registered Member

I am switching from CCleaner to nCleaner because Ive read that its a much more thorough program. I went through nCleaner and compared settings to that of my CCleaner install. After that I scanned with both items. nCleaner (614) found 614 invalid registry keys than CCleaner (0).

I know I know. Everyone has their opinion on cleaning the registry and what not, but to be honest I dont care. Im not here for opinions on that subject.

Here is the registry cleaning locations and such as listed by nCleaner:

I have decided not to scan for invalid sounds, invalid help files, or invalid codecs so those locations have been removed from the above quote.

Is it safe to delete these items? If only a few are safe which ones are?

Im going through the TypeLib and Im recognizing alot of software that I trialed that I no longer have installed. Im recognizing file extensions that belong to programs I no longer have installed.

2. acr1965

acr1965 Registered Member

Good luck finding someone to go through 600+ registry entries with you. I've used nCleaner in the past and it is easily the worst cleaning product I have ever used. I had it set to just clean basic junk and ended up having to use my recovery disk to get things fixed.

I don't think it matters what ncleaner says it will clean and/ or not clean- I would still not trust it.

3. drhu22

drhu22 Registered Member

I love the Ebby quote!
    re: reg cleaning: i have tried lots (i used to be a software junky)
    the ones i have grown to trust are easycleaner, regvac, tuneup utilities, glary

regseeker borked my system

There a lot of conflicting opinions on reg cleaners, but i have have found them to be very useful after major or multiple uninstalls

point is be very choosey, and BACKUP till you know it wont bugger your setup!

definitely dont pick one just because it removes more!

re:"re: reg cleaning: i have tried lots (i used to be a software junky)" anyone know the proper punctuation? (re:colons?)

no im not smarter than a fifth grader...

Last edited: Aug 31, 2010
  4. SKA

SKA Registered Member

5. PJC

PJC Very Frequent Poster

nCleaner is a Very Aggressive Cleaner
    that has Not been Updated since 2007.

The last time I used it, I had to Rollback my system to a SnapShot.

As shown HERE,
    I use CCleaner Slim with CCEnhancer, DiskMax, Ace Utilities, and jv16 PowerTools
    to Clean Hard Disks and Registry.

6. blacknight

blacknight Registered Member

Quote, same experience in the past.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. This site uses cookies to help personalise content, tailor your experience and to keep you logged in if you register.
    By continuing to use this site, you are consenting to our use of cookies.