Navigating on the Yahoo Homepage

Discussion in 'other software & services' started by jpcummins, Jan 7, 2011.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. jpcummins

jpcummins Registered Member

I am receiving the error message "Internet Explorer cannot access..." while navigating on the Yahoo Homepage. I have contacted Yahoo but the information given to me I had already tried and it didn't help.

I understand the error indicates there is a connection problem between my system and the Yahoo server. Server problems, slow internet connectivity, network traffic are among the common issues resulting to this error. I also understand this is usually a transient issue that resolves on its own. Or at least this is what the technician at Yahoo told me. However, this problem is recent and is quickly growing old.

My operating system is Windows XP Pro, my internet connection is DSL, I am using IE8, and I have not recently installed any new solftware. I have deleted my Browsing History from the IE's Tools menu but it didn't help.

If anyone has experienced this problem I would appreciate knowing if and how you resolved it. I really do not want to change to another Browser.

As always I will appreciate any and all replies and would thank you in advance.

John

Last edited: Jan 7, 2011
  2. Cudni

Cudni Global Moderator

3. jpcummins

Looking more closely today I see that when I attempt to navigate to a link that I am being redirected to:

-http://ads.bluelithium.com-

Hopefully, someone can tell me what steps I need to take to resove this problem.

All replies will be appreciated and I would thank you in advance

John

Last edited by a moderator: Jan 8, 2011
  4. stapp

stapp Global Moderator

5. jpcummins

Stapp

Thank you for your reply. I followed the instructions you pointed me to and opted out. Made the recommended changes, although most had already been implemented, turned my computer off then restarted it and it seems to have worked. At least when I tested the various links Yahoo list they all seemed to work fine. Hopefully the matter is resolved. Time will tell.

Again, thank you so much.

John

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. This site uses cookies to help personalise content, tailor your experience and to keep you logged in if you register.
    By continuing to use this site, you are consenting to our use of cookies.