NAV Corporate Edition Comparison

Discussion in 'other anti-virus software' started by dcabbar, Apr 2, 2006.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. dcabbar

dcabbar Registered Member

Hi All,

I have been wandering around on various antivirus forums to find what I should be using. And, everyone pretty much seems to agree that NOD32 is one of the best, if not the best "paid" (best in terms of the optimization between quality and lightness) antivirus software. Likewise, the best free antivirus software is dubbed as either avast or antivir.

The common thing, in almost all of these forums though is that, everyone bashes Norton AV, and says it misses viruses, it is a resource hog, this that.

What I don't understand is that, according to independent/reputable antivirus comparison sites, NAV performs quite well..

For example, according to both:

http://www.av-comparatives.org/
    http://www.virus.gr/english/fullxml/

NAV performs really well. At least it is definitely better than Avast/Antivir in terms of detection rate.

I can understand that NAV's home edition is slow and such a big resource hog, but NAV Corporate Edition is pretty light weight, and it does not put too much load on the system.

Could someone please explain what is the reason of this discrepancy, and why people hate NAV so much?

Thanks..

2. WSFuser

WSFuser Registered Member

i personally, only hate NAV because its slow and a memory hog, at least when i tried it. some people say 2006 is much better tho.

as for symantec AV corporate edition, its ok. i wish it was more configurable like NAV but its runs light so thats good.

3. RejZoR

RejZoR Lurker

Not the fastest, not the lightest and they sometimes need days to add some crap. Sure they score well in the end and tests that have few weeks of difference but on outbreaks (if not discovered by them may take way too long).

4. YeOldeStonecat

YeOldeStonecat Registered Member

Along the Shorelines somewhere in New England
    Whelp...from personal experience as a small business network consultant....I probably have over 50 Sym Corp Edition installs under by belt. Going way back to around version 5. I've replaced probably at least 20 of them with NOD32 Enterprise Edition, as my clients Symantec licensing runs out.

Most of the time, that night I go in and remove Symantec and replace with NOD...I see NOD clients start reporting into the management console...stuff they find that Symantec never found.

With version Sym CE version 10...there's a noticable performance different between it and NOD also, I easily notice it myself, and some clients even mention it to me.

This personal experience coming from working on all sorts of various configurations of hardware, and end users.

I'm into online gaming, first person shooters such as the Battlefield series....I have my choice of what I wish to run at home, and I've stuck with NOD.

Personally, as a consultant, my paycheck would be bigger if I kept selling Symantec..as it's more expensive, and my markup would yield a larger profit from it...but...I install what's best for my clients...and it's not Sym CE IMO.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. This site uses cookies to help personalise content, tailor your experience and to keep you logged in if you register.
    By continuing to use this site, you are consenting to our use of cookies.