nav & avg free edition.

Discussion in 'other anti-virus software' started by dbeattie007, Jan 28, 2004.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. dbeattie007

dbeattie007 Guest

I have nav 2002.have all updates available.Have read that avg free edition is pretty good.Should I keep nav or move over to avg.Is it possible to run both.If not which one do you suggest that i keep on my system.Your advice would be much appreciated

2. LowWaterMark

LowWaterMark Administrator

While I am an AVG6 Free user, I must say that it is not a "top tier" anti-virus. What I mean is that it is not considered to be the equal of the better products out there, nor do many independant tests show it scoring near as well as the top products either. NAV does much better in almost all AV tests.

Of course, there are even better products available (like various KAV based scanners). If you were going to go from NAV to something else, a move up (or at the very least, an equivolent move) would be a KAV based product, or McAfee, or a few others. But AVG6 Free would be considered a step down in overall effectiveness, in my opinion. This is not to say that it isn't adequate for some people, based upon computing habits and compensating controls, which is why I use it.

3. dbeattie007

dbeattie007 Guest

thanks for the quick reply.have taken on board your comments.Many thanks

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. This site uses cookies to help personalise content, tailor your experience and to keep you logged in if you register.
    By continuing to use this site, you are consenting to our use of cookies.