Natwest Rapport

Discussion in 'other anti-malware software' started by rollers, Mar 12, 2009.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. rollers

rollers Registered Member

Sorry to duplicate a thread but it wasn't generating any replies in privacy software, so perhaps this section is better suited. I am interested for any views on this software.
    Thanks Rollers

Any thoughts on this new software that Natwest has brought out for its customers. Is is any good?

Story can be found here http://www.natwest.com/global/secur...advice/protect-yourself/computer/rapport.ashx

The rapport website can be found here http://www.trusteer.com/solution

Is this worthy of consideration, especially as it can also be used for other secure sites, you just need some manual additions. I did try it sandboxed and it used about 18meg of memory, which I thought was a bit steep for an addon.

2. Dark Star 72

Dark Star 72 Registered Member

3. eagle5

eagle5 Registered Member

The way banks are behaving at the moment, I would not trust anything they say, The protection I have now will suffice as will using whats left of my grey cells.

4. rollers

Thanks for the replies. I have it installed but just as another layer of security above the rest of my apps.

Rollers

5. Victek

Victek Registered Member

Is there a list of supported financial institutions?

6. Dark Star 72

Dark Star 72 Registered Member

7. Victek

Victek Registered Member

Have you configured it manually for additional sites? Can you describe how it works? The description on the NatWest site is pretty vague.

8. rollers

Yes you can configure it manually to protect up to 50 sites. The whole address bar goes green when you connect to a protected site. There is more to it than I have found or used yet, it is supposed to give extra protection agains keylogging and screen capturing when on protected sites.
    Its easy to use and you forget its there until you hit one of your protected sites. I believe also it has some anti phishing where it will altert you if you are on some compromised cloned site instead of the one you want.
    Runs nice and light here does not affect browsing on xp home and explorer 8.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. This site uses cookies to help personalise content, tailor your experience and to keep you logged in if you register.
    By continuing to use this site, you are consenting to our use of cookies.