Nasty persistant hijacker (imclcd.dll)

Discussion in 'SpywareBlaster & Other Forum' started by Jerbear, Jun 21, 2004.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. Jerbear

Jerbear Registered Member

Am running Windows XP Home Edition and IE 6.0.

Yesterday I evidently picked-up a nasty bug that stole my home page and search and causes me to get the "Cannot display error page" often when I click on a link and refreshing seldom works.

It also corrupted my Spybot program after that found 4 infected files which it deleted. I had to re-install Spybot and it seems to work fine now and has found nothing new. In addition, Spywareblaster was corrupted and will not re-install. I downloaded and installed Aluria's Spyware Eliminator and it found 65 files which it alledgedly fixed. But now it opens but does not begin a scan no matter how long I wait.

Norton Anti-Virus 2004 found 1 Alexa file which it was unable to delete, but quarantined. I did a Panda online scan and another Norton scan which both came up with nothing.

WinPatrol keeps telling me that "imclcd.dll" file wants to access the internet, but clicking no does not stop my homepage from being: "about:blank"

Browser Hijack Blaster cannot successfully restore it either.

I tried deleting the dll file, but it will not delete. Evidently registry entries are involved and this is where I am at a complete loss.

Questions?: Could my hard drive be affected? Does anyone know of the bug I seem to have and how to repair it?

Any assistance would be greatly appreciated.

2. Jerbear

Got rid of that one, but now have "eecd.dll" with the same "about:blank' home page hijack.

3. LowWaterMark

LowWaterMark Administrator

You should really post a HijackThis Log in here for review by the experts. You may not be able to find all the infected pieces on your own because some of these change almost daily in regards to their hiding techniques.

HOW TO? Read here about how to post your log!!

4. Jerbear

I got moved to another forum here and I posted a HiJack log there.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. This site uses cookies to help personalise content, tailor your experience and to keep you logged in if you register.
    By continuing to use this site, you are consenting to our use of cookies.