Nasties from surfing

Discussion in 'other anti-virus software' started by I who know nothing, Mar 6, 2005.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. What type of nasties can you potentially pick up just by visiting a website? Ive been online for several years using mainly the free AV products like AVG and recently AntiVir and I havent picked up any infection from surfing although on a few rare occasions AntiVir has detected trojans on some websites. I also used Script Sentry which supposedly stops any dubious scripts from running but since the new MS aka Giant antispyware has a script blocking function I uninstalled Script Sentry.

2. Firecat

Firecat Registered Member

So far I have picked up the following just by surfing websites:

1)AdWare - WinAD, HotBar and more
    2)Spyware - Mainly keyloggers
    3)Trojans - Win32.Briss, Win32.IstBar
    4)Viruses - VBS.Redlof

Hope that helped.

Regards,
    Firecat

3. I was mainly referring to viruses and trojans whilst surfing because I havent picked up much adware since using Firefox and neither before when I was using the Google popup blocker on the old IE before IE got its own popup blocker.

4. subferno

subferno Registered Member

where does HTML exploit fit in?

5. TAP

TAP Registered Member

avast! Web Shield stopped some nasty stuff while I've surfed as generic name VBS:Malware [Script] but its exact name is VBS/Redlof virus (result from VirusTotal online scanner).

Attached Files:

• yes.gif
      yes.gif
      File size:
      11.7 KB
      Views:
Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. This site uses cookies to help personalise content, tailor your experience and to keep you logged in if you register.
    By continuing to use this site, you are consenting to our use of cookies.