NAS Authentication error

Discussion in 'Acronis True Image Product Line' started by zargnut, Jun 21, 2009.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. zargnut

zargnut Registered Member

Hi,

I am trying to create a full backup to my NAS drive and when I try to set it up, I get errors.

In the backup configuration wizard --> Target archive section
    Backup Location --> choose a mapped network drive (Lacie EDMini 1TB)
    Choose Authentication settings --> enter credentials for NAS user account for specificed NAS drive share

Get error: Connection failed, Please verify username and password

I also tried my administrator level windows XP username and password.... doesnt work.

When I am logged into windows it works, until the screensaver comes on. I require a password to open the machine back up... This seems to kick acronis off the mapped drive.

Why can't I apply authentication settings to drive?
    I tried turning off the simple file sharing - seen in other post - no change.

thanks
    dan

2. Acronis Support

Acronis Support Acronis Support Staff

Hello Dan,

Thank you for using Acronis True Image

Could you please provide us with the exact title of your product and the serial number? What is the build number of your Acronis software?

Could you p[lease clarify the following? Are you able to connect to NAS drive from the very beginning? Do you experience the connection failure after screen saver appearance only?

Thank you.

--
    Oleg Lee

3. zargnut

zargnut Registered Member

I opened up a pay-per-incident ticket... so will wait for their tier 2 techs to reply... I will post any solution found to assist others.

-dan

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. This site uses cookies to help personalise content, tailor your experience and to keep you logged in if you register.
    By continuing to use this site, you are consenting to our use of cookies.