NANO AntiVirus

Discussion in 'other anti-virus software' started by ViVek, Jan 12, 2010.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. khanyash

khanyash Registered Member

It was a static detection i.e On-Demand scan only.

2. khanyash

I was going to test it but its initial update is huge & slow & my internet package is limited & about to end now. So may be next time.

Update - Let me see if I can test it & post the result now. I will also try to compare the Roboscan result with Bitdefender using VirusTotal for BitDefender detection as BitDefender also runs too slow on my system due to low RAM.

3. clocks

clocks Registered Member

I'd also like to know if that was pure AV, or if that was with HIPs. thanks

4. khanyash

Pure AV.

Testing Roboscan now.......... Its a huge software. The latest installer app. 140Mb. And the initial update was app. 150MB. I tried looking for manual database update on their site but its mentioned manual database coming soon.

5. khanyash

Ok, Roboscan Free Heuristics & Compressed Enabled - Missed 15

Updated to the latest database but when compared to the latest database on their site the latest database is July 5 & on my system the latest database is the database mentioned on their site under July 4.

I tried a lot of times but it mentions the databases are already up to date.

Update - I am still waiting it to update to the latest database. Now its July 6, 2.50 AM here. The last update date in the GUI is changed from July 5 to 6 but the same database, no new updates.

Update - Today July 6 it updated but the latest update on the system is the update on their website under July 5, & the latest update on the website is July 6. On my system it mentions already up to date.

I scanned the samples again with Robo but it missed the same 15 malware.

I uploaded the 15 missed malware at virustotal where bitdefender detected 7 samples.

Last edited: Jul 6, 2012
  6. nanoav

nanoav Registered Member

Dear users!

We are introducing to you the new version of NANO Antivirus (0.20.2.47621 Beta) which many of you were awaiting with impatience. In this version we have taken into account the wishes expressed by many of our users on adding new functionality and improving of program.

Download the latest version (free)

New in the version 0.20.2.47621:
    • Implemented full-blown multiuser mode (now all functionality of the antivirus is available for all users who use different accounts on one computer).
    • Added a functionality of automatic upload (mirroring) to the specified folder.
    • Implemented the automatic update which doesn’t require additionally actions.
    • Added the capability to copy text of fields “Object” and “Thread” from pop-ups.
    • Now it is possible to restore files from the quarantine to the specified folder (added item “Restore to…”).
    Enhancements:
    • Considerably (in several times) is decreased RAM usage by processes of NANO Antivirus.
    • Optimized the web-scanner (pages are opened faster).
    • Fixed a number of errors and added a number of enhancements.
    To get access to some new functionality the free update of the license should be required.

We are waiting for your comments, offers and bug reports by e-mail: support@nanoav.ru.

Last edited: Nov 8, 2012
  7. PJC

PJC Very Frequent Poster

Just giving it a Try...:doubt:

8. nanoav

nanoav Registered Member

The update of NANO Antivirus to the version 0.20.4.48163 Beta has been placed on the site.
    Download the latest version.

• Enhanced the detection of new versions of Xpaj virus and the RTF-files vulnerabilities.
    • Fixed the bug that caused the scanning process wasn’t finished in rare cases.
    • Fixed the bug that in an exceptional case was a cause of the OS hang on virus base update.
    • Increased the total stability of the program.
    • Fixed slight bugs

We are waiting for your comments, offers and bug reports by e-mail: support@nanoav.ru.

9. nanoav

nanoav Registered Member

10. Solarlynx

Solarlynx Registered Member

11. nanoav

nanoav Registered Member

NANO Antivirus provides with full-fledged operability on touch screens

NANO Antivirus passed successfully the tests of Intel ® company for compatibility with TouchScreen systems for Windows 8.

The tests confirmed that NANO Antivirus supports the operability with touch screens under OS Windows 8 which is intended to finger-touch screen devices.

12. Solarlynx

Do you plan to participate in tests like Matousec, AV-Test, VirusBulletin, AV Comparatives etc?

13. nanoav

nanoav Registered Member

Yes, we plan it. But can't specify yet which exactly. Hope we will start testing next year.

14. Solarlynx

That's great! I hope you'll be OK.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. This site uses cookies to help personalise content, tailor your experience and to keep you logged in if you register.
    By continuing to use this site, you are consenting to our use of cookies.