Naming conflict in ERA

Discussion in 'ESET Server & Remote Administrator' started by hematic, Aug 22, 2012.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. hematic

hematic Registered Member

Hi this is first post on the site, and i apologize if this is somewhere in the forum already but i was unable to get this resolved with ESET's techs on phone.

Currently i have multiple clients that each connect back to my ERAS. A few of the clients each have servers named "server". These have an issue to where they dont show up all at once unless you make a change to the "Enable Mac Address Renaming" setting.

However once you do THAT, any laptop that connects through wired once, then wired again later shows as two separate machines because it is using a different MAC address.

It seems awful to me that you cant somehow differentiate between servers with the same name, but different mac addresses, from different domains without creating duplicate entries for laptops.

Anyone have any ideas.

Using ERAS v4 as well, and cannot update to v5 at this time as it is not supported with the EMU model.

Phillip

2. karlisi

karlisi Registered Member

For ERAS 4 there is no resolution. In ERAS 5 this problem is resolved, there are no duplicate names for same client.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. This site uses cookies to help personalise content, tailor your experience and to keep you logged in if you register.
    By continuing to use this site, you are consenting to our use of cookies.