Name Collisions writting to the tmp files

Discussion in 'ESET Smart Security' started by jdelgado, May 19, 2008.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. jdelgado

jdelgado Registered Member

Hi,

I have been having problems with the ESET Smart Security complaining about "decompression could not complete (possible reasons: insufficient free memory or disk space, or a problem with temp folders)" and downloading exe and zip files from the web I follow some of the tech notes about the tmp and Temp folder location and security everything is okay there. I am running windows xp.

So ran process monitor to check that was happening with the system and force a scan to see what the ekrn.exe process was doing and it wrote to the c:\Windows\Temp folder with no problem. So I clean the temp folder of all the temp files and started downloading the DevExpress update from the web since I having problems downloading it (it download fines if I disable the antivirus and antispam) and I see the files being writing to the temp folder but after 10 min of writing files to the temp folder then I started getting name collisions the first complain was on file NOD2C8F.tmp which was created at 11:31 AM and at 11:40 AM ekrn.exe was trying to create a file with the same name and from there on all the files it was trying to create it was getting Name collisions. Has any one experience this problem before.

BTW I have uninstalled and reinstalled ESET Smart Security but no luck yet.

2. agoretsky

agoretsky Eset Staff Account

Hello,

Which version of ESET Smart Security is installed on your computer?

Regards,

Aryeh Goretsky

3. jdelgado

Hi I am running version 3.0.650.0

thanks

4. jdelgado

Anyone ? I email tech support and i still haven't heard anything.

5. agoretsky

agoretsky Eset Staff Account

Hello,

Please try downloading a fresh copy of ESET Smart Security, uninstalling the currently-installed version, deleting the C:\Program Files\ESET\ and C:\Documents and Settings\All Users\Application Data\Eset\ directories and installing ESET Smart Security from the new installer.

Regards,

Aryeh Goretsky

6. jdelgado

Thanks for the info but I did want you mention uninstalled, deleted the folders you mention downloaded the new version 3.0.657 and problem still exist.

Can anyone try to download this from devexpress.com

www devexpress.com/Downloads/NET/DXperience/files/DXperience-8.1.3.exe

File download and when it is saving after sometime I start getting name collisions from the tmp files ESET Antivirus is creating. It looks like the algorithm to build the file name resets or resets incorrectly and it starts creating tmp files with the same name. Maybe they should overwrite the file or delete files with the same name before writting the file. I know I cannot be the only one with this problem. Can someone try? It has been over a week I have not got any solution or ack of the problem.

Thanks

Julio D

Last edited by a moderator: May 22, 2008
Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. This site uses cookies to help personalise content, tailor your experience and to keep you logged in if you register.
    By continuing to use this site, you are consenting to our use of cookies.