Name and Password Email?

Discussion in 'ESET NOD32 Antivirus' started by Squareslinky, Aug 11, 2008.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. Squareslinky

Squareslinky Registered Member

I purchased a multi pack. I had to uninstall the product as I was getting intermittent internet access due to the update issue or a conflict of some sort. So now I do not have the product I purchased installed, and can not get the site to email me my username and password. I am getting a try again later everytime. I can not PM a moderator either. Can anybody help here?

I need to get my account and password and my yahoo mail is not allowing the emails through. I have other addresses if someone can update my account, somehow.

2. Marcos

Marcos Eset Staff Account

3. Squareslinky

Yes.

After 20+ attempts to get the password through the automated system, someone responded to my password and UN request sent through the support site. I have reinstalled the program.

Although the problem of intermittent internet access is back. I am timing out constantly. Anybody else seeing this?

I was not timing out with Avast installed at all.

4. Marcos

Marcos Eset Staff Account

Could you please clarify what you mean exactly? Do you lose Internet connectivity after installing EAV?

5. Squareslinky

My internet is going in and out and has been since this update problem started. I was thinking it was something else, but it stopped after I uninstalled NOD32. I installed Avast to hold me over until ESET got its act together on the updates. The problem went away. Now I have reinstalled and my intermittent internet access is back on this computer.

Its only this computer where I am having the problem, and this is the only one that has it installed.

6. agoretsky

agoretsky Eset Staff Account

Hello,

ESET NOD32 Antivirus may be conflicting with a remnant of your previous antivirus software left over after it was uninstalled, or the other antivirus software made changes to the network settings which were not reverted during uninstallation.

To test this, download a fresh copy of ESET NOD32 Antivirus, then uninstall the currently installed antivirus software using the manufacturer's uninstallation routine and perform whatever additional steps are needed to manually remove the antivirus software per the manufacturer's instructions (unregister DLLs, remove registry keys and so forth). When you are finished, your computer should be free of the previously installed antivirus software.

The next step is to reset the network stack. This can be done by following the instructions in Microsoft Knowledgebase article #299357, "How to reset Internet Protocol (TCP/IP) in Windows XP." Although the article specifies Microsoft Windows XP, it works with later versions of Windows as well. Reboot when done.

You can now try installing ESET NOD32 Antivirus and it should work as expected.

Regards,

Aryeh Goretsky

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. This site uses cookies to help personalise content, tailor your experience and to keep you logged in if you register.
    By continuing to use this site, you are consenting to our use of cookies.