n-case? internet optimizer? please help.

Discussion in 'adware, spyware & hijack cleaning' started by fanteja, May 9, 2004.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. fanteja

fanteja Registered Member

I have posted this at boards.cexx.org so sorry if this is a problem posting again here. :doubt:

Ok here is the deal:

Every once in a while, I keep getting some error that says that "A 3rd part application has uninstalled N-Case. Would you like it to uninstall it or keep it the same or remind you later?"

Well I'm getting annoyed by this. Judging from my hijacthis log, it looks like some internet optimizer is installed. and some bargain buddy installed.

And also, Recently a bunch of stuff have been getting installed when I haven't even been using that computer! What is wrong with this computer? What can I do about this? My brother has stopped using this computer aswell. And none of family members that I know of use the computer that often?

And can I remove anything that is unneccessary? Something that I can remove, but wont harm anything? Anythingl like that? What about that spysweeper thing?

Last edited: May 9, 2004
  2. Unzy

Unzy Registered Member

Hi fanteja,

Have only Hijackthis running and fix :

O2 - BHO: (no name) - {9C691A33-7DDA-4C2F-BE4C-C176083F35CF} - G:\WINNT\Downloaded Program Files\bridge.dll
    O2 - BHO: Url Catcher - {CE31A1F7-3D90-4874-8FBE-A5D97F8BC8F1} - G:\Program Files\Bargain Buddy\bin2\apuc.dll
    O2 - BHO: (no name) - {F7F808F0-6F7D-442C-93E3-4A4827C2E4C8} - G:\WINNT\nem216.dll

O4 - HKLM\..\Run: [RunDLL] rundll32.exe "G:\WINNT\Downloaded Program Files\bridge.dll",Load
    O4 - HKLM\..\Run: [Bargains] G:\Program Files\Bargain Buddy\bin2\bargains.exe
    O4 - HKLM\..\Run: [Internet Optimizer] "G:\Program Files\Internet Optimizer\optimize.exe"
    O4 - HKLM\..\Run: [msbb] g:\docume~1\admini~1\locals~1\temp\msbb.exe
    O4 - HKLM\..\Run: [urgxah] G:\WINNT\urgxah.exe
    O4 - HKLM\..\RunOnce: [ClrSchUninstall] G:\DOCUME~1\ADMINI~1\LOCALS~1\Temp\ClrSchUninstall_78_86.exe -b

O16 - DPF: {9C691A33-7DDA-4C2F-BE4C-C176083F35CF} (brdg Class) - http://www2.flingstone.com/cab/2000.../bridge-c17.cab

Make sure you have hidden files/folders set to show : Here's How

Restart PC after doing so in Safe Mode : here's How and remove :

G:\WINNT\Downloaded Program Files\bridge.dll <- this file
    G:\Program Files\Bargain Buddy\ <- this folder
    G:\Program Files\Internet Optimizer\ <- this folder
    g:\docume~1\admini~1\locals~1\temp\msbb.exe <- this file
    G:\WINNT\urgxah.exe <- this file
    G:\DOCUME~1\ADMINI~1\LOCALS~1\Temp\ClrSchUninstall_78_86.exe <- this file

Clean temp internet files

Restart again in normal mode

Hope this helps

Cheers,

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. This site uses cookies to help personalise content, tailor your experience and to keep you logged in if you register.
    By continuing to use this site, you are consenting to our use of cookies.