MySpace Users: MySpaceViewer Infected

Discussion in 'NOD32 version 2 Forum' started by Capp, Oct 25, 2006.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. Capp

Capp Registered Member

While tooling around on my MySpace account, I was prompted to download and install the "myspaceviewer".

NOD32 Marked it as TrojanDownloader.Zlob.ADT
    It said it quarantined the file, but it was able to throw some nasties on my system anyway. It also prompts you via System Tray to click to purchase Virus Burster.

I immediately began getting popups and noticed that it had 4 processes running that, upon termination, started back up again. The program is installed in different locations, but all under the Program Files folder.
    There are 4 processes I saw:
    • isamonitor.exe
    • pmsngr.exe
    • pmmon.exe
    • isamini.exe
    And the BHO's are called:
    • {202a961f-23ae-42b1-9505-ffe3c818d717} - C:\Program Files\{various named folders}\isaddon.dll
    • {479fd0cf-5be9-4c63-8cda-b6d371c67bd5} - C:\Program Files\{various named folders}\iesplugin.dll
    I used AVG Anti-Spyware Analysis Tools to kill all 4 process simultaneously and was able to delete the files. Other wise, they start each other back up again. It also installs 2 BHO's that AVG is able to remove once the processes are killed.

I ran a full Scan & Clean with NOD32 and it didn't find anything after deleting the Program Files folder.

2. aigle

aigle Registered Member

Was it able be downloaded and installed itself or by ur action?

3. Capp

Capp Registered Member

Once you click the Ad that pops up, it begins the download and the installation begins. This is when NOD32 kicked in.

4. Lollan

Lollan Registered Member

In my experience, Smitfraudfix is a very good tool for removing Zlob infections, unfortunately it flags as a potentially dangerous application.

5. Capp

Capp Registered Member

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. This site uses cookies to help personalise content, tailor your experience and to keep you logged in if you register.
    By continuing to use this site, you are consenting to our use of cookies.