Myprevx

Discussion in 'Prevx Releases' started by Biscuit, Aug 3, 2009.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. Biscuit

Biscuit Registered Member

I just tried to attach an additional licence to Myprevx - where I already have an expired licence listed. It seems to be more difficult than I expected. How is this supposed to work? I assumed I would use the Attach licence option, enter my licence & that's it. However it seems that I must first register the licence & set up a NEW myprevx account. As you can imagine, I gave up at that point. :doubt:

2. PrevxWebDesigner

PrevxWebDesigner Former Prevx Moderator

Yes, I'm afraid you have to register each license separately - which I agree is a tedious procedure :(

Unfortunately, if the license wasn't registered first (and a password attributed to it), then it would leave the license keys open to possible abuse.

e.g. I know my friend's license key, so I attach it under my account, deactivate his machine, and use the license myself.

I will however, re-open this discussion with the web team and see if there is any way we could streamline this - as I use this feature myself, and don't exactly enjoy registering a new account just to attach the key under my master login.

3. Biscuit

Thanks for your reply.

So to confirm; I setup a new Myprevx account with the new key, then I attach the new key to my old Myprevx account & delete the new account, or do I just drop my old Myprevx account?

BTW I'm only having to do this because I added an additional licence. This meant that I couldn't renew my old licence, but had to take out a completely new one. Quite difficult to manage.

4. PrevxWebDesigner

PrevxWebDesigner Former Prevx Moderator

Yup, that is what I do :)

I basically decide which account I would like as my "Master" (doesn't really make much difference which you choose for this), register all my other keys by creating new accounts, then attach all these newly registered keys under my master account. I then pretty much ignore all those newly set up accounts (no need to delete them), as all I really wanted to do was assign a password (which is what makes this whole process overly tedious).

Would you be able to clarify why you couldn't renew/upgrade your old license? I'm struggling to think of a scenario where this shouldn't be possible (unless it was an exchanged P2 key).

5. Biscuit

My apologies. I had reduced my licence requirements from 5 to 4 computers.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. This site uses cookies to help personalise content, tailor your experience and to keep you logged in if you register.
    By continuing to use this site, you are consenting to our use of cookies.