MyPlanetSoft Anti-Keylogger

Discussion in 'other anti-malware software' started by aigle, Feb 11, 2009.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. aigle

aigle Registered Member

2. firzen771

firzen771 Registered Member

looks strange, i wouldnt trust it personally, never heard of this thing.

3. Blue Ring

Blue Ring Registered Member

I've tried it. I posted about it some time ago on the forums. https://www.wilderssecurity.com/showpost.php?p=1138181&postcount=9
    It doesn't require an install, so it can run off a usb thumb drive. Pretty cool stuff. But it only blocks the common hooking keyloggers and that's about it, I forgot what else, maybe clipboard loggers. Still useful considering most keyloggers still work this way.

They also have a decent free virtual keyboard. I think Neo's Safe Keys is better though.

Last edited: Feb 12, 2009
  4. aigle

aigle Registered Member

Thanks for the info

5. Blue Ring

Blue Ring Registered Member

No problem. :)

You can test it for yourself. Try it against AKLT 3.0 and you'll see that it will block the low level hook test. If you try to type in keys while MYPlanetSoft antikeylogger is running, AKLT won't show any of your typed keys during the hook test. If you disable the antikeylogger and open AKLT again, AKLT will log the keys being typed in the low level hook test. But I'm sure you've probably done this test yourself already, so I guess this is more for others who may not have been aware of this antikeylogger.

Hey, it may not block ALL the AKLT tests, but for a free app that can be run off a flash drive, it's quite useful. And for sure we need more and better security apps that can be run off flash drives imo. There are just too few anti malware apps that can be run real time off a flash drive, and are completely free.

I run it right off my usb flash drive and it blocks the hook test in AKLT very well. I think hooking keyloggers are still the most often used as well.

It's probably a wise decision for anyone who uses foreign computers, such as at a library or internet cafe, to run this app. In fact, I think it's a little bit crazy if you don't run it while using anyone else's computer, other than your own.

6. aigle

aigle Registered Member

It,s interesting indeed.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. This site uses cookies to help personalise content, tailor your experience and to keep you logged in if you register.
    By continuing to use this site, you are consenting to our use of cookies.