myNetMon

Discussion in 'other software & services' started by iceni60, Jan 14, 2005.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. iceni60

iceni60 ( ^o^)

looking at the screenshot this looks to be a very nice packet sniffer. the review isnt so good though, it says it is adware and it DID detect packets going to prisoner.iana.ro which I am assuming are comming from this application as they went away upon removal of the app.

although that review isnt too good, and i couldnt find any others, it has got good scores on other sites, so i'd like to see other reviews before i make up my mind for sure

has anyone tried it? can you recommend it? thanks

http://fileforum.betanews.com/detail/myNetMon/1099947188/1

2. ronjor

ronjor Global Moderator

3. iceni60

iceni60 ( ^o^)

thanks, Ron :) there's something like that at pest patrol too. however, i think those reviews are if you manage to find it somewhere on your network and you didn't put it there. so if i have it monitoring my network activity it should be OK.

im not 100% sure, but i think that's a different myNetMon which is/was shareware. the one above is freeware, and i think fairly new (the eTrust review mentions November, 2002.) but, the review would be applicable to this version too as they're both sniffers. networks is the subject i like best, that's why i'd like to try this sniffer. i wouldn't be putting on any hubs or anything remotely like that, just on my connexion :)

4. ronjor

ronjor Global Moderator

Okay ice. Small detour. Carry on!! :D

5. iceni60

iceni60 ( ^o^)

it looks like most network tools can be used for hackering, because of the nature of networks, which isnt something i like. i just dont use them for that. i have learned alot in the past few months by playing around with them and reading tutorials, articles, rfc's etc. it's something i think we should all be doing. i find the whole subject fascinating :D

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. This site uses cookies to help personalise content, tailor your experience and to keep you logged in if you register.
    By continuing to use this site, you are consenting to our use of cookies.