MYFreeAntivirus 2012

Discussion in 'other anti-virus software' started by thanhtai2009, Jul 29, 2012.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. Kirk Reynolds

Kirk Reynolds Registered Member

After reading the last couple of pages, it's starting to look like the bad WOT rating has some merit to it, wouldn't you say? :D

Last edited: Aug 7, 2012
  2. Cloud

Cloud Registered Member

Nope. :D

3. Kirk Reynolds

Kirk Reynolds Registered Member

That's not surprising. You think it's free as well.
    "Yeah, as soon as you give us your credit card # and pay for the retail box, you can then register and get a license for free".:D

4. DX2

DX2 Guest

No, I have a 1 year free license...

5. khanyash

khanyash Registered Member

Did you open the email you received in MyAccount? Open the email again & check. There may be the installation files & licence key now.

6. whitestar_999

whitestar_999 Registered Member

just checked & no key.clicking on "emails received..." link opens the same email sent as the account activation email.maybe you got the serial because of some technical glitch or because you tried before they completely removed the system/option of sending free keys at zero total cost.

7. Jim1cor13

Jim1cor13 Registered Member

Hi whitestar :)

That is when I got mine, last week before all the changes. It took about 2 days or so until Marion sent me an email with the code, but never explained why I did not receive the license with the first batch of emails.

8. DBone

DBone Registered Member

Following MYFreeAntivirus' example, I'm willing to let my free license go to someone, but of course, you'll have to pay me for it! ;)

9. khanyash

khanyash Registered Member

I enquired about the free version.

They replied its for 12 months & branded as MyAntivirus. But nothing about if it will be free after 12 months or not. So now I have asked them about this. Lets wait for their reply.

10. Romagnolo1973

Romagnolo1973 Registered Member

tipically rebranded software don't pass 12 mounth license key because they don't know exactly what kind of engine they use in the future, this time is BD, next time could be mcafee:D :thumbd:

11. roger_m

roger_m Registered Member

I hadn't considered that, but it certainly is true about engines changing. A good example was AOL's Active Virus Shield which used Kaspersky. It wasn't long before it was replaced by McAfee VirusScan Plus Special edition :thumbd:

12. MYSecurityCenter

MYSecurityCenter Registered Member

Dear all, MYSecurityCenter here......many thanks for the invite to join the discussion on this forum!

We are very pleased about all the talk and comments about www.MYFreeAntivirus.com and www.MYSecurityCenter.com, very glad that there is an interest here.

MYSecurityCenter is approx 10 years old and are promoting and selling a wide range of security products, mainly to private consumers.

We have a huge focus on customer service and support and known to deliver the absolute best in our industry. E.g. you can see what our customers say about us on Trustpilot, one of the biggest European consumer review sites; http://www.trustpilot.com/review/www.mysecuritycenter.com.

On our Antivirus and Internet Security offerings we recently signed a contract with Bitdefender as we believe that they are the clear leader in the industry. E.g. AV-Test.org have had the same view for the last 3 years.....

So MYAntivirus and MYInternetSecurity is based on Bitdefenders newest versions. We offer our extensive VIP PC Help & Support for free on top, which among others include unlimited "remote takeover" service and also free support for connected devices, such as MS Office, MS Windows, printers, drivers, hardware etc. We believe that we are the only one in our industry going that far atm.

We also offer "100% satisfaction or 125% money back guarantee" in the whole license period. Also something we believe we are the only one on our industry to offer.

MYFreeAntivirus:
    When it comes to MFA, we have had that brand for years and offered a free version for years. We are in the middle of the launch of the Bitdefender powered version, but are not finished, that's why we have decided that we in the interim will offer all visitors coming to our site the full version of MYAntivirus, but this is only in the interim period.

We will very soon launch a completely unique product/concept based on Bidefender technology called CharityAntivirus on www.CharityAntivirus.com. But we are not quite ready yet, maybe 1-2 month and we are ready to launch.
    The idea is to offer a FREE antivirus solution based on the best technology in the world, Bitdefender, incl free unlimited support. If people want it for free, fine they will get it, but we will encourage people to pay for it. They can pay exactly the amount the want, 1 dollar, 5, 10 or exactly what the feel it will be worth for them. We will then donate EVERY PENNY, 100% to charity! We have already made agreements with quite a few charities and organizations. We will then list every person donating their money on our site, with name and amount and we will also have specific charity activities we sponsor and follow on the site.
    It is the idea that everyone coming to MYFreeAntivirus will be redirected to www.CharityAntivirus.com

So atm we are giving MYAntivirus away to people coming to the MYFreeAntivirus page, we believe it is the best interim solution we have. In quite a few countries we rank very high on Google when people search for "Free Antivirus" and "Gratis Antivirus". E.g. on Google.dk we rank no. 2 and above Avast and Avira on "Gratis Antivirus" and only AVG ranks higher. We are on page 1 in many other countries.

BUT UNFORTUNATELY.....
    We are paying quite a lot for the license to Bitdefender, and we have decided that we only want to give it away for free if people choose the retail box as well. Paying 2,99 for a full retail box shipped to the door is indeed extremely cheap and nothing we make any money on.
    Unfortunately we have to do it this way as we have already seen many, many people, also from this forum, trying to exploit it and registering again and again and getting 10 -50 and in some instances more than 100 free licenses. We have also already seen that some are selling these key´s on online shops for money as real Birdefender or MYAntivirus keys. That is fraud and not the purpose. We have even experienced that some people have executed scripts so their computers are registering and getting licenses automatically from us. SO THAT'S WHY WE FIND IT NECESSARY TO ADD THE RETAIL BOX AND THE PAYMENT FOR SHIPMENT.....unfortunately!

So I hope you all get a bit clearer insight and like what we are doing. For sure we are not a hoax, but a very serious company that only want to offer the best in technology and service, but we want to do it in a slightly untraditional way.

Best and secure regards, MYSecurityCenter

13. MYSecurityCenter

MYSecurityCenter Registered Member

Forgot to comment on the WOT rating!

We are right now in dialog with WOT about this rating. It has just recently been brought to our attention. As mention in the previous post, this is not at all the picture we see elsewhere. As mentioned we believe we deliver the best service and support in the industry. And most customer review sites reflect this. E.g. Trustpilot, one of the biggest European consumer review sites; http://www.trustpilot.com/review/www.mysecuritycenter.com.

The strange part is that we have many more positive comments / review on WOT anegative so we find the score quite strange. And as said we are in dialog with them to investigate if something is wrong in their system.

Also we have unfortunately some years ago experienced that one of our competitors in Denmark started a raid online to damage our reputation and unfortunately before we realized it they had done quite a lot of harm. We took them to court and won the case and they were forced to remove all their false comments and reviews about us on forums and review sites. We have identified quite a few of these on WOT as well, but so far WOT have denied to remove them, even though we have a court ruling in our hands. But we are convinced that we will get this fixed in the end as WOT are talking to us, so lets hope to get the fair picture there soon.

Here is a link to our blog where you, in danish, sorry, can see the ruling and more about the case:http://blog.mysecuritycenter.dk/msc...spywarefri-bryder-gaeldende-dansk-lovgivning/

Will get back when we have news reg. the WOT rating.

Secure regards, MYSecurityCenter

14. DBone

DBone Registered Member

Welcome to the forum and thank you for your comments. I was one of the first on this forum to try your product and I received it for free, and I want to thank you for that. I have one simple question regarding the free license.

What happens after 12 months regarding the license? Does it "expire" and I will have to get/buy another license? Or will it be similar to what avast! does with their license, and it will only need to be "reactivated"? Could you please expand on the 12 month license so that we all here can understand the intent of it.

Thanks in advance!:D

edit: My account with you shows the following:

Product MYFreeAntivirus 2012
    NR. License 1
    Expiry Date N/A
    Status N/A

Does this mean my license will never expire?

Last edited: Aug 8, 2012
  15. Jim1cor13

It is good to see someone invited MSC in order to speak for themselves which is only fair. Thank you MSC for taking the time to clarify these matters, and it is the main reason I had suggested 'Marion' from customer service be invited here. I am glad someone actually invited you, whoever you are. :)

Your comments did clear a few things up, and I am sorry to hear you have found fraudulent activity with your free offering. Unfortunately, fraud seems like it affects everything today, including our governments. I do understand you need to make money and I can understand the steps you had to take to inhibit and stop the fraud. It really is sad to hear of it, dealing with something that was already FREE.

I do think it would have been nice for those who did NOT try and defraud you or take advantage of your free offering, had you simply explained what was going on, instead of delaying legitimate requests for the license, and following proper procedures. Overall, although I will not use your product personally, i do respect that you took the time to accept someones invite and state your case, and again, i will state that I am sorry to hear you had to deal with so much potential fraud, especially when you were offering a license for free!

The fact you mentioned that there were people even "from this forum" that also tried to apply for multiple licenses...makes it even more disappointing if in fact you can know they are members here. Again, it is unfortunate, and I hope you are able to close the weak areas and stop the fraud which it sounds like you figured it out, and one way to do it was to change policy. I do understand having to take that course.

Thanks again for taking the time. Personally, I am NOT a fan of Myantivirus, but i do thank you for making it available and I wish you good success! :)

Jim

16. zfactor

zfactor Registered Member

thanks for the reply but imo when the real bitdefender can be found as cheap as it can be personally if i was to choose bitdefender i would just assume to use the real deal. as said above it should have been made know by email or otherwise right on your site immediatly as soon as that change had to be made. and sadly reg the fraud it affects every piece of software out today i do not condone it in anyway BUT it will always be a issue and every av out today is sadly pirated and or cracked. really no way around that as many have tried time and time again and had some success till someone somewhere figured out a way around it. i choose to support the software i use so those companies can continue to make them better however many people dont feel that way.

17. DBone

DBone Registered Member

I'm thinking that the "members from this forum" that were "trying to exploit it and registering again" were those few of us that had already received the download and license for free, but were hearing that others were now not able to get MYFreeAntivirus for, well, FREE.

We were just checking to see if there had been some change because there had been no mention of it whatsoever by MYSecurityCenter. Obviously, there had been a change and our efforts to confirm this change were justified.

18. Jim1cor13

Very good point DBone. Now at least it is confirmed there were in fact changes, and also the reason for them. I still think it would have been a good practice to at least inform those trying to get a license, what was going on, instead of delaying the proper requests.

That delay certainly played a part in some trying to figure out what was going on by applying for multiple licenses, but trying for 10 - 50 as stated of course is pushing it and could be seen as fraudulent action.

I am just glad someone from their came on to state their case, and now we know.

19. Duradel

Duradel Registered Member

I didn't realise people were registering for multiple licenses like that but it makes sense since some people are jerks.

To be honest now that the situation has been explained more thoroughly I wouldn't mind paying for a boxed version of the basic antivirus because the BitDefender AV engine is still stop notch. Its a good thing someone from MySecurity came across to explain more about why things are being done in this way.

I would normally prefer to buy BitDefender directly however.

Last edited: Aug 8, 2012
  20. roger_m

I'm glad that MYSecurityCenter have posted here to clear things up regarding the payment for their antivirus.

Also, I received my licence key a few hours ago.

For me, I would much rather pay $5 for this than full price for BitDefender.

21. Jim1cor13

I agree Duradel. I was disappointed to hear of some folks doing what was stated.

I also agree with what you and zfactor said, bascially if one was to buy, I would most likely go with the actual BD product, but it is not to my liking at this time. For a few bucks, I also would buy the boxed set, but not my cup of tea. I like some of the plans MSC has, especailly the charity plan as long as they actually get the monies to where they belong, I think it is a great idea for maintaining a free AV along with something that helps others.

True roger, it is a deal, but I think you can find BD at newegg for near nothing after rebate. But I see what you are saying, and it is a way that supports MSC also.

I do hope MSC does well in their endeavors.

22. roger_m

The rebate is only for people in the US, so not much use for me. But if I did still live there, then that would be a better option than MYFreeAntivirus.

23. roger_m

Also, I have a question for MYSecurityCenter. Why do you claim "100% Virus, Spyware & Rootkit protection..." on your website? No antivirus gives 100% protection. When you are clearly aiming to be a trustworthy company based on your post here, why do you make such claims?

24. luciddream

luciddream Registered Member

The thing about stuff like WOT... any random person can write anything they want with no real research needed to back it up. Normally I take them seriously, and think in general they're nothing to sneeze at. In this case I wouldn't doubt some people jumped to conclusions over the whole "empty box" thing. They probably just thought it sounded shady.

Plus just the name of your product... "sounds" rogue. No offense. But so many of these rogue products have the words "antivirus" or "AV" right there in the name, and the date. So many... And I admit when I first saw this thread my first thought was: rogue product. Also fantastic claims are a bad sign... like "100% effective" (pointed out by another poster).

But your post certainly sounds sincere, and most rogue vendors wouldn't bother actually showing up in a place like this, let alone making such an articulate post. So you've extinguished some of that doubt. Though I must admit the jury is still out for me.

25. Cloud

Cloud Registered Member

As previously stated, these claims are pulled from the AV-Test.org's tests.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. This site uses cookies to help personalise content, tailor your experience and to keep you logged in if you register.
    By continuing to use this site, you are consenting to our use of cookies.