MYDocs folder inaccessable in mounted image

Discussion in 'Acronis True Image Product Line' started by eyepvideo, Apr 24, 2005.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. eyepvideo

eyepvideo Registered Member

I'm trying to explore 2 different image files (C: and D: drive) of windows XP SP2 OS. The images mount and verify OK but some user data comes up with access denied.

The entire D drive is my docs folder and when mounted shows as a disk with 20GB of used space. But when I try to acces the my docs folder it comes up with an access denied message and shows as an empty folder like I don't have permission to view it. Same happens with user folder in C:/docs and settings that I was logged on as when I made the images.

Any clue why I'm denied access to the data that is there?

2. pjb024

pjb024 Registered Member

Does your user account have administrator priviledge? If not then try it again with an administrator account.

3. eyepvideo

eyepvideo Registered Member

Not an admin problem. I'm tryign to access it from a different machine than the one that made the image so I'm thinking it is a windows encryption/permission problem...

My big issue now is that the image will not restore onto another drive.

4. MiniMax

MiniMax Registered Member

> My big issue now is that the image will not restore onto another drive.

Details?

5. qlmxa

qlmxa Guest

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. This site uses cookies to help personalise content, tailor your experience and to keep you logged in if you register.
    By continuing to use this site, you are consenting to our use of cookies.