My view of ESS

Discussion in 'ESET Smart Security v3 Beta Forum' started by boromeo666, Jul 10, 2007.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. boromeo666

boromeo666 Registered Member

Jul 10, 2007
    Well i decided to give ESS a try and i was a bit o afraid about it because Security suites usually mean a lot of computer resource taken and slowing your computer down and also the fact that for me with a slow machine (Pentium 3 667 mgz) having a firewall other than the one that comes with windows usually make it even slower but i was more than happy that it wasn't the case with ESS , sometimes when i open some program like zoom player it would take like 30 seconds to open but it must have something to do with the fact that i checked runtime packers or something

the only bad thing that happen with ESS as far as i am concerned is the fact that sometimes when i reboot my computer Windows would tell me that i don't have any antivirus installed but it comes back to normal if i reboot again and also, i noticed that it seems to take much longer to scan your drives even if i choose to scan my disks to not scan all files , in fact it looks a lot like Kaspersky to me in look and scan of disks , also it's not easy to stop a scan at once , i usually have to reboot to stop it

..but i know this is still a beta version (version 1b) and things will go better and better in the future...:)

Overall i have to say that i like it a lot and keep one the good work Guys...:thumb:
Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.