My view of ESS

Discussion in 'ESET Smart Security v3 Beta Forum' started by boromeo666, Jul 10, 2007.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. boromeo666

boromeo666 Registered Member

Well i decided to give ESS a try and i was a bit o afraid about it because Security suites usually mean a lot of computer resource taken and slowing your computer down and also the fact that for me with a slow machine (Pentium 3 667 mgz) having a firewall other than the one that comes with windows usually make it even slower but i was more than happy that it wasn't the case with ESS , sometimes when i open some program like zoom player it would take like 30 seconds to open but it must have something to do with the fact that i checked runtime packers or something

the only bad thing that happen with ESS as far as i am concerned is the fact that sometimes when i reboot my computer Windows would tell me that i don't have any antivirus installed but it comes back to normal if i reboot again and also, i noticed that it seems to take much longer to scan your drives even if i choose to scan my disks to not scan all files , in fact it looks a lot like Kaspersky to me in look and scan of disks , also it's not easy to stop a scan at once , i usually have to reboot to stop it

..but i know this is still a beta version (version 1b) and things will go better and better in the future...:)

Overall i have to say that i like it a lot and keep one the good work Guys...:thumb:

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. This site uses cookies to help personalise content, tailor your experience and to keep you logged in if you register.
    By continuing to use this site, you are consenting to our use of cookies.