My security software setup...

Discussion in 'other anti-malware software' started by Boost, Apr 18, 2009.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. Boost

Boost Registered Member

As of now,I've relied on virtulization using sandboxie and returnil.
    What I'm wondering is,is there another piece of software that would make this setup more secure possibly? Or should I just sit back and relax in the virtualization world? :argh:

Suggestions?

2. innerpeace

innerpeace Registered Member

I would suggest a HIPS, behavior blocker, anti-virus, anti-keylogger, full time anti-spyware and 6 sticks of RAM :p .

I trust you have sandboxie properly configured and understand it's limitations. If so, your good to go. If you want something watching your back, then a light HIPS and/or AV would be ok. That's what I run but I mainly do that in case I screw up and because I don't run Returnil full time which is where you have an advantage on my setup.

Secunia Software Inspector is also good and you can run the online scanner or use the download version and run it on-demand only if you don't want it running in the background. You could also consider a LUA.

3. Boost

Boost Registered Member

ROFL :D

Yeah,I've got sandboxie all setup and ready to rock'n roll,and Returnil watchin everything in the background, and everything has been trouble-free,but somethin is always in the back of my lil mind,that I might be missing?

I dunno,maybe I've hung around wilders too long and think I need more programs :eek: Thats why I decided to throw this topic up and see what other peeps thought.

4. innerpeace

innerpeace Registered Member

That's also a little of the reason of why I run OA and avira LOL. Plus I really like them a lot and I've had this setup for a good while now. I know for a fact I could run your setup and be fine IF I didn't shoot myself in the foot like installing something I remove from the sandbox with Returnil off. Anyways, that's all I got for now so I'll go and let you get more opinions/RAM hehe.

5. Toby75

Toby75 Registered Member

I would suggest a HIPS, behavior blocker, anti-virus, anti-keylogger, full time anti-spyware and 6 sticks of RAM Dynamite :p .

Might as well blow it up. :argh:

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. This site uses cookies to help personalise content, tailor your experience and to keep you logged in if you register.
    By continuing to use this site, you are consenting to our use of cookies.