My Port 554 is always open

Discussion in 'hardware' started by hawki, Jan 17, 2015.

1. hawki

hawki Registered Member

No matter what security suite i try, Emisoft Internet Security, Norton Security, My Port 554 is always open. It's the Real Time Streaming Protocol port. It's not stealthed or blocked.

Is there anything I can do to close it. Is this a major cause for concern? Does it expose me to a threat? Never saw this before.

2. hawki

hawki Registered Member

Problem Solved

I uninstalled and reinstalled a bunch of programs from my PC this AM. It appears I had a corrupted installation of Silverlight that was the problem.

3. hawki

hawki Registered Member

Ok, so now I have different PC and the Port 554 is open again. Installing and uninstalling Silverligft does not work this time. Nothing I know of can close the port

Tonight I had a disturbing development. My mouse is working but it is not being recognized as the type of mouse it is and it's software and driver are not detecting it so I ran Add Hardware hoping it would be detected. It did not detect the mouse BUT IT DID DETECT a device named Adam-Notebook Laptap. Even showed an icon for a laptop. Could this mean some hacker has found the open port and gotten inside my PC?

I am not on any network I know of and my PC is the only device in my home.

4. imdb

imdb Registered Member

do you have a firewall on your modem/router? a hardware firewall? if yes, test results might be for that.
    also could you download this sysinternals tool and check to see what program/process is using that port?

1. This site uses cookies to help personalise content, tailor your experience and to keep you logged in if you register.
    By continuing to use this site, you are consenting to our use of cookies.