My PC is extremely slow

Discussion in 'ESET Smart Security' started by mattysouthall, Nov 12, 2011.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. mattysouthall

mattysouthall Registered Member

Since using Smart Security 5, my PC has slowed right down to a point it takes 5 minutes to start up, my Windows live messenger freezes because of it, my google chrome will lock up and freeze randomly because of it, and i don't know what to do

I paid for this a few weeks ago and it seem'd fine for a week but now its unbearable, can someone help me?

specs:
    Win 7 64-bit
    Core 2 Quad q9550 2.8ghz
    8gb memory
    1TB disk drive
    500gb storage drive

2. Cudni

Cudni Global Moderator

did you use default settings when you installed? if you have your external drive disconnected does it boot faster?

3. SweX

SweX Registered Member

If it was fine for a few weeks as you say, have you changed something during the last day/s that possible could cause this?

4. Dark Shadow

Dark Shadow Registered Member

If it just started I doubt its eset.You can Disable all eset protection temporary see if there is any change.My guess something changed in your setup,possiable undetected malware or software conflicks.You also may want to check processes in task.I have ESS 5 fully maxed out on protection on my sons 1 gb 2 core netbook with geswall and its moving along pretty good.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. This site uses cookies to help personalise content, tailor your experience and to keep you logged in if you register.
    By continuing to use this site, you are consenting to our use of cookies.