My NOD32 doesn't want to scan :(

Discussion in 'ESET NOD32 Antivirus' started by Animan, Jun 13, 2010.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. Animan

Animan Registered Member

Hey guys :) .I looked around,but I didn't find any info in any of the threads.So,I decided to make a new one.

Anyway,I have a problem.My stupid NOD doesn't want to start scanning.I pull up the Control Center,go to NOD32 and try to start a scan.But,it won't do anything.I tried an In-depth analysis,a local scan,on demand scan - everything.All it does is show that little hourglass thing next to the cursor for about half a second and that's it.There don't seem to be any problems with my PC,at the moment.Everything seems to be running fine.But,not being able to scan worries me.

2. Cudni

Cudni Global Moderator

3. Animan

Animan Registered Member

That would probably help.But,the thing is that I have no idea where I've left the installation CD :( .And so far I haven't been able to find it.So,I wanted to find out if there's another way to fix the problem.

4. Marcos

Marcos Eset Staff Account

Make sure that you have the latest version 4.2.40 installed.

5. Animan

Animan Registered Member

Ok guys,I just got the new version :) .Now,I'm gonna get rid of the old one and try to install 4.2.40 .But,don't delete this thread,yet.I'm gonna come back and let you know when I'm done :) .I hope everything will be fine once I get the new version up and running.But umm......well,leave the thread here a bit longer,just in case.OK :) ?

6. Animan

Animan Registered Member

Me again :D .I installed NOD32 4.2.40,did a full in-depth scan and cleaned my PC of the viruses that had gotten in (seems a few bugs got passed the old NOD I had).Everything works like a charm :) .Well,except for one thing.It can't update itself.It just says that it can't connect to the update server and that I should check my internet connection.Well,uhh....I AM in the forum and I'm posting.Aren't I?Not to mention that I'm also watching vids on YouTube at the moment.I think that proves that my internet connection is stable.Does anyone have any idea why the damn thing can't connect :doubt: ?

7. Cudni

Cudni Global Moderator

maybe there is still some malware preventing you from accessing Eset servers. Can you browse to Eset or Kaspersky or Trendmicro online scan? Or maybe create syslog and submit it to Eset
    http://www.eset.com/download/sysinspector

8. Animan

Animan Registered Member

The program already has the SysInspector.And I just made a syslog (at least I think I did).But umm....how do I submit it?I mean,is it done through the NOD itself or the SysInspector or something?Or is there a way to e-mail the thing?

Last edited: Jun 14, 2010
Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. This site uses cookies to help personalise content, tailor your experience and to keep you logged in if you register.
    By continuing to use this site, you are consenting to our use of cookies.