My Key has expired what now

Discussion in 'other firewalls' started by Albinoni, Sep 24, 2008.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. Albinoni

Albinoni Registered Member

Oh well my Beta version of Online Armour for Vista has finally expired, what or how can i get a new one. really I should not pay for this because this is still in Beta mode, so really charging would be unfair in my opinion.

2. bigc73542

bigc73542 Retired Moderator

That may be so but that is the way it is set up. It;s their ball if you want to play it has to be by their rules.

3. Albinoni

Albinoni Registered Member

Fair enough, but isnt it illegal to do something like that?

4. bigc73542

bigc73542 Retired Moderator

Why would it be illegal since the beta key was free. They have a set amount of time they think is suffucent to see how there product works and when it expires they figure you should be able to decide if you like it or not. It is possible they might extend your key since it is beta if you contact them.

5. Peter2150

Peter2150 Global Moderator

Hi Albinoni

What user name are you using over at Online Armor. If you have been a regular contributor to the beta forums as you've tested, you should have no problem getting another key. On the other hand if you haven't provided any feedback you might have been removed from beta access.

Remember the point of a beta isn't to just give a free key, but to get feedback and reports of both good and bad.

Pete

6. Dark Shadow

Dark Shadow Registered Member

I was removed as a beta tester and wrightly so. Other then the two reported bugs I reported, I seen nothing else at least visable on my system.So I couldn't report any other findings.I thank mike for the test drive To see what OA is about and tried to help as much as I can.All in All a very good product.Thanks mike and Company.:thumb:

7. Escalader

Escalader Registered Member

Hi Pete:

exactly, no input no output, there is no free lunch:cool:

I paid for the product and even in that case if I had provided no feedback good or bad I would fully expect to be removed from the beta forum.:ouch:

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. This site uses cookies to help personalise content, tailor your experience and to keep you logged in if you register.
    By continuing to use this site, you are consenting to our use of cookies.