My ideas for ID Blaster improvements

Discussion in 'FileChecker & ID-Blaster Forum' started by Nowhere Man, Apr 3, 2006.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. Nowhere Man

Nowhere Man Registered Member

Javacool, I like ID Blaster +Plus a lot. Thanks for making it. I am playing with it not really from a paranoid standpoint but more from just having fun fiddling with stuff, and getting an illicit feeling of 'sticking it to the man'. lol
    I have played around at programming but not very much (mostly VBA) but if I can ever help you with anything just let me know. I do think that improvements can be made to ID Blaster Plus, even though it is good right now. Here goes:

1)ESSENTIAL- most importantly I think the program should back up the individual registry entries into a .reg file so that the user can restore his original numbers easily any time they want. This reg file should ONLY be created during the initial installation routine, or when a new entry has been placed in the list.

2)ESSENTIAL- When you add an item to the list you have to supply a 'Value Name' like ProductID or UniqueID or whatever. The problem is that some programs, like MS Office 2000, put the product ID in a value that has no value name. In other words, the subkey address will end with something like a key named ProductID, and then the ID number will be under '(Defalut)'. We need to put into ID Blaster on the 'Value Name' line an entry like '(Default)' or 'n/a' or 'none'.
    For example, I have entered everything in for MS Office, and if I leave the 'Value Name' line empty I can click the button 'Grab Registry Value and Intelligently Format' and ID Blaster finds the value and enters in the format. So ID Blaster can find it without a value name, but then it balks at saving your entry to the .ini settings file. If I enter anything on the 'Value Name' line then ID Blaster can't find it. I even tried manually editing the default.ini file and leaving out the 'value=' line or leaving it blank, and ID Blaster then places this entry into the list of 'Incompatible' entries.
    Please make it so you can enter '(Default)' or 'n/a' or 'none' or double quotes or something so that the entry can be saved and yet have no specific value name that it looks for.

3)NON-ESSENTIAL- Under 'Options' you can click 'Show Current Win Product ID Values'. I think this would be much better if it showed ALL ID values for all the items in your list.

4)NON-ESSENTIAL- I think there should be a checkbox under 'General Options' that reads "Start ID Blaster with Windows Startup" or similar, and this would place a shortcut somewhere in the startup group.

Thanks for making great programs Javacool! Keep it up, please!

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. This site uses cookies to help personalise content, tailor your experience and to keep you logged in if you register.
    By continuing to use this site, you are consenting to our use of cookies.