My friend's very useful site

Discussion in 'other software & services' started by Sadie, Apr 7, 2005.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. Sadie

Sadie Guest

I realise this is a diabolical liberty,as I'm not even a member here.I have a static I.P. BTW,so Admins are welcome to check I've never posted anything horrible.

Please feel free to delete this post if you see fit,I'll understand completely.

I have a very dear friend who is a remarkably talented coder.He recently built a site,which offers a number of nifty tools for free download.He's passionately anti-malware,so I can promise you there is no hidden payload.

I have absolute admiration and respect for him,which is why I'm here,basically introducing his site.

Personally,I find his "High-Powered Homepage" invaluable.I hope many of you will enjoy it too.

http://iconoclasticcodemongers.com

I would be overjoyed for him if his site was a hit with the malware-fighters/denizens of this forum.

Many thanks for your time.

Sadie

2. Notok

Notok Registered Member

Yech.. honestly, I'd be a little more likely to look around if the ego tripping was toned down a little.. I hope your friend can come to grips with the fact that, moron or not, making demands of people's time for such a small reward is not the way to go. By his own logic, it would be more worthwhile to build your own homepage.

Make a free tool of quality and complexity matching ProcessGuard and it might be worth it. I get barraged for 8 hours a day with the same kind of tripe this site presents, by the exact same kind of people that site is aimed against, I have no desire to subject myself to it willingly :p Thanks, but I think I'll pass.

Sorry, but I find it ultimately counter productive to focus that intently on "morons".. there are much better ways of achieving the same goal, it just takes some time & thought(!) I don't want to read pages about how stupid people are, I want content. It makes me wonder if he's actually given any thought to the people he wants to appeal to.

Last edited: Apr 7, 2005
  3. snapdragin

snapdragin Registered Member

Notok, I believed you pretty well summed it up nicely. And since this topic does border on spam with advertising a site, I will close it now.

Regards,

snap

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. This site uses cookies to help personalise content, tailor your experience and to keep you logged in if you register.
    By continuing to use this site, you are consenting to our use of cookies.