My friend thinks one of her photos is messed up on myspace.

Discussion in 'other software & services' started by cheater87, Feb 20, 2008.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. cheater87

cheater87 Registered Member

It only looks different on her myspace home page and on other sites it looks ok. She says her eyes look smooched. She says it did not look like this when she had IE6 and only when she switched to IE7. Firefox it looks ok in. What could be the problem? This has been confusing me for days.

2. markymoo

markymoo Registered Member

It's because ie7 uses rubbish resize scaling and not proper bicubic resizing. It could be partly the web designers fault too with the XML Also personally i think IE7 is a bad design and is not intuitive to use and it surely is not safe to browse with. Use a safer browser like Opera or Firefox i strongly suggest.

3. sooflymami

sooflymami Registered Member

I am the one who's having problems with my pictures but it's also happening the same thing on firefox too..This happened after I ran a scan on ad-aware program and updated my IE..what do you think might be wrong? Its happening when i upload pictures on the site..It didn't used to look like this few days ago.

4. GlobalForce

GlobalForce Regular Poster

Welcome Sooflymami!

Recent update? Perhap's. Please state which operating system we're discussing and who serve's your internet.

GF

5. Hairy Coo

Hairy Coo Registered Member

Would think the problem is as markymoo described,but why dont you both contact myspace-surely they could offer advice on what seems like a common problem.

6. sooflymami

sooflymami Registered Member

It's xp and cable. Especially, when I goto "home" section on myspace and look at the display, i notice it a lot and when i goto my profile and look at the display, it looks normal. I'm not sure if it's just me or not but i also have a feeling that my pictures have changed when i goto my pictures folder in my computer but i am not for sure.. But I'm very sure that it's happening on myspace though..I don't know IF the Ad-Aware 07 program caused it or not after i did a scan on there. Here's the pictures for the original picture and the one that looks messed up.

Attached Files:

Last edited: Feb 21, 2008
  7. GlobalForce

Let's put the aol possibility aside Sooflymami and confirm with us they're not your isp.
    If they are, check a preference setting called "use compressed graphic's" or similar.

*Include which program's manage images and a short procedural rundown, start to finish, you're typical transfer.

GF

Last edited: Feb 22, 2008
  8. cheater87

She uses paint and uploads them to Myspace.

9. GlobalForce

No webcam soft? What about her isp, is it aol, or is that just for us American's?

GF

10. cheater87

Her ISP is Roadrunner.

11. GlobalForce

As suggested, contact myspace and provide a summary of their response.

*This because she's unsure. Take fresh shot's from your system. Transfer one for her to upload through her box, you upload the other on your site or the test forum. Screenshot her upload and download a size for size copy. Comparing first side by side, then utilizing an overlay method back on your box, you should be able to note subtle discrepancies.

Trouble grasping the idea? Superimpose one over the other with something that offer's transparency, powermenu. Look closely, what's done below is a pm'ed paint slide positioned over one opened in win's pic and fax viewer. Adjust transparency to suit.

sample_overlay.jpg

GF

Last edited: Feb 24, 2008
Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. This site uses cookies to help personalise content, tailor your experience and to keep you logged in if you register.
    By continuing to use this site, you are consenting to our use of cookies.