my firefox opens the wrong size! how can i fix that?

Discussion in 'other software & services' started by iceni60, Sep 19, 2008.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. iceni60

iceni60 ( ^o^)

whenever i start firefox it opens a little bit too small so i have to click on the 'Maximise Window' button in the corner, next to the 'Close Window' button! i want it to open maximised automatcially!

i'm certain there's a fix for it because i'm pretty sure i've done it before, i just can't remember what it is now!

can someone help me fix it? i had a look for a fix the other day and i managed to fix it by doing something like holding the ctrl or shift button as i closed firefox, but it only works if you do it everytime you close firefox.

i'll have another look now and post back if i find an answer. thanks.

2. Basic

Basic Registered Member

3. iceni60

iceni60 ( ^o^)

cool, thanks. i read if you delete the localstore.rdf file it will be rebuilt and the window size should be fixed. i didn't want to just delete it because of all the info it contained, i was scared it wouldn't all be re-generated. so, i closed firefox, and renamed the whole .mozilla directory to .mozilla.bak and restarted firefox. a new localstore.rdf was made (inside a whole new .mozilla directory) i found the window size bit in it, it's this bit (i hope lol) -
    <RDF:Description RDF:about="chrome://browser/content/browser.xul#main-window"

i copied the values below that, closed firefox, and deleted the new .mozilla directory, renamed .mozilla.bak back to .mozilla and changed the values under <RDF:Description RDF:about="chrome://browser/content/browser.xul#main-window" in the localstore.rdf file lol

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. This site uses cookies to help personalise content, tailor your experience and to keep you logged in if you register.
    By continuing to use this site, you are consenting to our use of cookies.