My Favorite DiamondCS Security Program

Discussion in 'Port Explorer' started by Snook, Oct 17, 2005.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. Snook

Snook Registered Member

Without doubt, Port Explorer is my favorite DiamondCS security/network application (subscribed to TDS-3:doubt: , ProcessGuardo_O and Port Explorer:D ). The recent update was a welcomed improvement. However, I would like to see further enchancements in the packet sniffing area (filters/etc) of Port Explorer especially since, TDS3 was brought to cold iron.

Comments...?:)

2. Dazed_and_Confused

Dazed_and_Confused Registered Member

Well, since I own them all as well, I would also like to see some enhancements. I do, after all, own a lifetime of upgrades!

I don't think it's asking too much for DCS to give us some specifics regarding what they are working on regarding PE (if anything), or any other DCS product. Go to any software developer's web site, and you can see beta versions of existing and new products all the time. Why so much secrecy? Now, I'm not asking them to promise anything they can't produce. PLEASE, just tell us what you are planning to do!

It's no fun looking forward to Christmas if you know nothing is going to be under the tree. Is anything going to be under the DCS tree?

3. Notok

Notok Registered Member

I agree, but I have little hope of actually hearing anything :doubt:

4. Dazed_and_Confused

Actually I have just read a few other threads on this forum about new versions of DCS apps on the horizon. :D So don't lose hope!

Unfortunately, I have a bad habit of going to a product's web site looking for news instead digging through threads on their support forum, and I didn't see anything on DCS's site.

5. Notok

Notok Registered Member

Hehe, I do the same. To me the forums are more for causal help, or stubborn problems that might need more eyes to take a look, and discussion.

I know there's stuff coming up, I just have no hope of hearing anything about them before they're actually out.. :(

6. Peter2150

Peter2150 Global Moderator

Hi Daisey and all

I think this very unfair to DCS as it is not at all unusual. For example KAV/KIS 2006 is in prebeta testing, and is due to be released for public beta on Nov 1. I don't think you will at this time find anything on their website about new features in these programs. This is also true of several other programs that are in pre public beta, so why criticize DCS for doing what everyone routinely does.

Pete

7. Snook

Snook Registered Member

I just hope the new versions of DCS apps don't collide with TDS-3's horizon.:rolleyes:

8. Dazed_and_Confused

No, but there you might find something indicating there is a new version in the works. There is absolutely NOTHING on the DCS site indicating a new version is even being worked on.

9. Peter2150

Sorry Daze, but you obviously didn't look. There isn't a thing on the Kaspersky site about what is up and coming. If you go to the Star-Force (Safe'n'Sec) you will see an announcement from 10/6 about the new version 2 due out in Nov. This is the first time there has been a peep about version 2 on their website, and it has been in beta testing since Early July.

I just think this is just singling out DCS to try and find something to criticize, and it just doesn't hold up.

10. Dazed_and_Confused

No, your right. I didn't, and I don't think I said that I had. But a lot of companies post information about beta versions being tested.

Hey, don't get me wrong. I'm a loyal fan of DCS products. I own them all, and will most likely own the next one too. I just wish they would give out more info about what they are working on. ;)

11. Peter2150

Hi Daisey

Hope I didn't sound like I was beating up on you cause I didn't mean it that way. Actually in this security field it is getting so with all the new players, if you have good idea's you have to keep quiet until you are close or they may get taken. I really don't blame Wayne for keeping everything quiet until he is ready.

Pete

12. Dazed_and_Confused

No problem. Thanks, Pete. :)

I understand, and am not looking for functional details. Just wanting to know in general if a new version is being worked on.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. This site uses cookies to help personalise content, tailor your experience and to keep you logged in if you register.
    By continuing to use this site, you are consenting to our use of cookies.