My dad thinks that Spywareblaster slows down the computer

Discussion in 'SpywareBlaster & Other Forum' started by cheater87, Sep 27, 2006.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. cheater87

cheater87 Registered Member

I told him it didn't but he doesn't believe me.

2. bigc73542

bigc73542 Retired Moderator

spywareblaster does not run real time and can not slow down your computer. The only time it actually runs is when you update it and set the security.Once you close it it isn't running anymore but the security it set is protection you even when it is not running :thumb:

3. cheater87

*sighs* he thinks everything on the computer runs even when its closed

4. bigc73542

bigc73542 Retired Moderator

have him look in the task manager so he can see it is not running.

5. cheater87

ok i'll show him it on my laptop. what is the process called?

6. Bubba

Bubba Updates Team

The process will only show if you have the program GUI open and when it is open it will be spywareblaster.exe....but as BigC said....once all protection desired is enabled you close the program. The program GUI never has to be running to provide protection.

Bubba

7. cheater87

he still thinks it will slow it down and doesn't want it on the pc oh well

8. Devinco

Devinco Registered Member

Hey Cheater,

Get some kind of performance monitor program and show him the results without spywareblaster and with spywareblaster.
    The testing program will be from an independent company with no axe to grind.
    If it is internet speed he is concerned about, you can do the same tests with that nice internet speed test that was posted about recently.

9. tommy76

tommy76 Registered Member

Well, technically, yes and no. Yes, spywareblaster does not run in real time but, no, the effect of immunizing adds a long list of URLs to the restricted sites list of the registry. That list is used for each URL you enter to see what security zone the URL is in. So, there is an extremely small incremental time in processing a URL. For all practical purposes, that extra time is not perceptable and I doubt that it would be enough to show up in any testing.

Cheater, tell your dad that I am not speaking as a spring chicken. I'm a great grandfather. And that trumps father.:)

10. JohnthePilot

JohnthePilot Registered Member

Hi,
    I'm glad I'm not the only oldtimer around :)
    From my experience, the only things that slow your system down noticeabley are malware, spyware, viruses and un-updated programs/drivers etc. My system was going like a snail. Thanks to Tetonbob at TechnicalSupportForum it's now going like a train and SpyGuard is still sitting in my system tray. There was so much crap in my registry, despite regularly running AdAware, SpyBot, McAfee etc. Using all the cleanup programs that Tetonbob suggested (including Spywareblaster and Spyguard) my system is now totally clean.
    Cheers,
    Pilot

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. This site uses cookies to help personalise content, tailor your experience and to keep you logged in if you register.
    By continuing to use this site, you are consenting to our use of cookies.