My conclusion concerning Sandboxie

Discussion in 'other anti-malware software' started by Franklin, Jan 17, 2006.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. Franklin

Franklin Registered Member

From a layman's terms from what I have tried.

Sandboxie is the easiest to use and very secure for browsing.

2. MikeyB

MikeyB Guest

Well, I'm a layman too and as a layman I know what the proof of the pudding is. I've run Sandboxie for a long time and it damn well works.

3. metoo

metoo Guest

Another vote in favor of SandboxIE. I know there have been a few posts saying how they broke out of the sandbox with this or that app or technique, but I don't believe it. I think they probably are just not using it right. But even if it was possible to break out of the sandbox, the situations where that event could actually happen in the real world would probably be very rare.

4. TNT

TNT Registered Member

A while ago, I posted that IceSword broke out of Sandboxie, but then, a couple of days later I posted another message later saying that I was actually wrong: I noticed that the only reason that it happened is that IceSword's kernel driver was kept active even after the program was shut down, and it wouldn't happen if it was started in the sandbox without being started outside before. Sandboxie would block its driver if it isn't started outside the sandbox before. So yes, Sandboxie proved to be perfectly safe in that case.

5. Frank the Perv

Frank the Perv Banned

The concept is right on.

I've never used Sandboxie, but I use an individual copy of GreenBorder which works with a very similar approach when I surf in the dangerous areas.

I've watched some of the malware sites pump and pump and think they are dumping big payloads on my computer.

But nope, it all flushes.

Good stuff.

6. FastGame

FastGame Registered Member

Another happy Sandboxie user :)

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. This site uses cookies to help personalise content, tailor your experience and to keep you logged in if you register.
    By continuing to use this site, you are consenting to our use of cookies.