My computer was dead after first using Kaspersky

Discussion in 'other anti-virus software' started by zxpoppy, Aug 30, 2006.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. zxpoppy

zxpoppy Registered Member

Hi, all

I am a newbie of Kaspersky.

Yesterday it was my first time of using Kaspersky. During the installation, I chose to “restart the computer later” in the final step. After a while, when I tried to open the Kaspersky, I found my computer was frozen. I think this is related to Kas, because my computer works well before that.

I restarted the computer and logged on, the right corner of screen showed " Kaspersky anti virus 2006". The computer was still frozen, I can not open task manager, control panel, and my computer.... everything is dead.

I tried to go into safe mode to uninstall this software, unfortunately, I can not go into it.

When I logged on the computer using second user account, this time I still was not able to use control panel and task manager, but I can open "my computer", so I wanted to uninstall this software directly under the program files. However, when I tried to delete the folder "Kaspersky lab", it showed that "the program is still working", so I failed to do that.

My OS is Windows XP (SP2), I have installed and using AVG on my machine.

Any suggestions on this problem? Thanks a lot in advance.

2. lodore

lodore Registered Member

3. dan_maran

dan_maran Registered Member

Above statements are true, and should be followed. But are you saying you also had AVG running at the same time as the insall of KAV? If so this is more than likely where your problem stems from.

4. zxpoppy

Yes, I am using the AVG when I tried to open the Kaspersky.

If you think this is the reason, could you give me some suggestions to solve that? MY Trouble is I can not go into safe mode or ""last good known" mode.

Thanks

5. sosaiso

sosaiso Registered Member

Could you please explain what you mean by "cannot go into safe mode"?

The problem is AVG and Kaspersky are both installed, causing a driver/kernel/whatever conflict that arises when installing two AVs at the same time. As for possible solutions, can you stop services and startups? If so, try stopping the services/startup entries associated with either AVG or Kaspersky. That should eliminate the conflict long enough for you to uninstall one of them.

I don't know if that's the best way to approach the issue, but that's the only thing I could think of.

6. ellison64

ellison64 Registered Member

Doesnt kaspersky and aol AVS refuse to install if it detects another av?.I know it detects AVG because ive tried it.How did you manage to install it with AVG installed?
    ellison

7. Don Pelotas

Don Pelotas Registered Member

The OP has somehow got a hold of a very old beta build, thats why.

8. zxpoppy

Could you explain how I can stopping the services/startup entries associated with either AVG or Kaspersky?

Thanks

9. Durad

Durad Registered Member

The question is how did you install Kaspersky if AVG was there, did not it detect AVG during installation?

You can use Recovery Console to delete AVG folder, it should fix the problem.

10. Don Pelotas

Don Pelotas Registered Member

Because he installed a very old beta from before 6.0 wass even released. Futhermore zxpoppy's problems started with the install of ewido a couple of days ago before the beta was even installed.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. This site uses cookies to help personalise content, tailor your experience and to keep you logged in if you register.
    By continuing to use this site, you are consenting to our use of cookies.