My Computer Shows DVD & CD Icons

Discussion in 'hardware' started by TerryWood, Jan 2, 2012.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. TerryWood

TerryWood Registered Member

Hi

I have Windows 7 64 bit and recently I have acquired a CD Icon as well as the DVD Icon.

My Drive is a HP CDDVDW TS-H653R.

Before I only used to see the DVD Icon.

In Disk Management the DVD drive has the letter DVD (E): assigned to it along with CD0. In My Computer I have DVD Drive(E) and CD Drive (K)

Can anyone explain where the CD Drive has come from and why it is not showing up in Disk Management.

Also how do I get back to a single Icon for my DVD/CD Drive

Thanks

Terry

2. Raza0007

Raza0007 Registered Member

Terry,

I believe you installed a software that has installed a virtual CD drive on your system. If you right click on the CD drive icon, in my computer, it will give you an option to mount an image. Here you can mount any iso or other image files depending on which extensions the virtual drive supports.

The only way I know of uninstalling it is from within the software that created it or uninstalling that particular software. Google virtual CD drive to see the list of softwares that have this ability, then see if you have one of those installed on your system.

3. Ocky

Ocky Registered Member

Should that be the case, please have a look at this article on how to get rid of it.
    http://www.dedoimedo.com/computers/passport-vcd.html

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. This site uses cookies to help personalise content, tailor your experience and to keep you logged in if you register.
    By continuing to use this site, you are consenting to our use of cookies.