My Computer Just Died

Discussion in 'ESET NOD32 Antivirus' started by jepsperez, Aug 4, 2008.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. jepsperez

jepsperez Registered Member

my computer just died, and i suspect it was because of a virus, well im using Nod32 Antivurs™ 3.0.667.0 random virus such as Virtumods and Trojan was popping up but Nod32 Cleans it and puts it on Quarantine,

the thing is it keeps on coming back, its been cleaned all the time with NOD32 so i thought its ok..

Im noob at this, i own a shop with 12PC on and 1 Monitoring Server, the thing was only the server was dead and all the PC's (12) networked on it was still good and running,

its hard to run the shop without the server since it has a automatic timer, so we need to make alist of all our customers blah blah..

to make it short,

ive short info that i can give you.

Virus that infected the server (as far as i can recall was) Virtumode and Trojan, Sorry i cant give the exact cause the computer just died,

Well not actually died but when i power it on this is what it says on startup

the application failed to initialize properly (0xc0000005) Click ok to terminate the program

i hear the start up sound,

i tried to run computer in Safe mode, but still it wont start, (Still the same Pops up)

im a newbie in virus thing (i usually ended up making the problem bigger) and im worried that the other computers might be infected as well, since we are operational at this very moment.

Please help me, i really need it coz our technician was on vacation and will come back 2weeks from now and its really hard without the server because lots of important files are on it, and specially printing,burning,publishing etc are all connected to it..

Please Help Nod32 Admins..

And please if anyone read this pls BUzz me up in my YahooMessenger

jeffreyperezz@yahoo.com <<<(Thats with double Z jeffreyperezz)

Thanks and i hope "WE" can fix this problem asap

2. Marcos

Marcos Eset Staff Account

Hello,
    since Virtumonde is very persistent to remove, I'd recommend using the Undll tool. After you run it, browse for the dll that EAV found and eventually restart the computer.

3. jepsperez

jepsperez Registered Member

how? i cant access windows even in safe mode or anything..

4. kjempen

kjempen Registered Member

What's the OS on the "dead" computer, and do you have the original installation disc?

5. Marcos

Marcos Eset Staff Account

I, too, think that the best would be to do a reinstall from the installation cd. During reinstallation, Windows should only replace missing / altered system files and everything else should be preserved.

6. loser

loser Registered Member

O.O

YOU DO NOT HAVE TO RE-INSTALL. omfg.

you can use kaspersky's rescue disk, it allows you to boot directly from the cd and virus scan from it.

http://dnl-eu10.kaspersky-labs.com/devbuilds/RescueDisk/

its a free "live" cd antivirus program that u can burn to a cd and boot from to virus scan your computer.

just burn it, put it in your cd-rom, and boot from it. run the antivirus and voila!.

if that particular scanner doesnt work, there are many others by many other a/v companies.

7. loser

loser Registered Member

reinstalling your o/s is ALWAYS a last ditch effort as you lose all your data.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. This site uses cookies to help personalise content, tailor your experience and to keep you logged in if you register.
    By continuing to use this site, you are consenting to our use of cookies.