My Cd holder is going crazy -_-

Discussion in 'malware problems & news' started by mazzii, Dec 17, 2004.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. mazzii

mazzii Registered Member

oK... so this is not the first time i had this problem...

Here is a description of this problem... Basically is that whenever i turn on my computer, the Cd holder, which i dunt use alot... Goes Out.. ANd then In, Then out again, some times just shifting out and in few times in a row... with no pattern.... Just keep doing that like crazy for a long time... And every time it does that, the autoplay window pops up.. so it basically slowed my computer, and i cant work with it too... AND it's constantly happening, REALLY irritating and noisy... After like 15-30 minutes, it stops... AND the whole CD drive wont respond anymore, means when you press eject, it wont eject...

If i want to make it work again, you need to restart the computer, WHICH IMMEDIATELY resulted with the problem. The disk holder begins to go "crazy" right after i turned the power of my comp on, and stops till the whole comp is turned off... THat means that it goes like that even when the windows just started loading, without even going to the desktop first...

How can i solve this problemo_O

Any help will be GREATLY appreciated...

Thanks alot...

2. bigc73542

bigc73542 Retired Moderator

you might check this site here . if it is not related to the problem at the link you could have a cd drive going bad

bigc

3. AJohn

AJohn Registered Member

Remote control trojans give people ability to do what you mentioned... someone could be having fun :-|

4. Blackspear

Blackspear Global Moderator

To confirm that your system is clean, you could try following the comprehensive steps found here. The steps mentioned use software that ought to be part of your security, as an absolute minimum. Once your system is clean, please don’t hesitate to ask further about using these and other security software to protect your computer.

If you find Windows system files affected, you can place your Windows CD in the drive, click start> run type in CMD, when the black window opens type in "sfc /scannow" SFC (System File Checker, a part of Windows File Protection) will replace any changed/damaged system files with a clean copy. SFC may not solve every problem, but it's a good start that anyone can do.

Hope this helps...

Let us know how you go.

Cheers :D

5. Jimbob1989

Jimbob1989 Registered Member

This sounds like one of them joke virus's, which leaves us with one problem.

I have seen code for these before on the internet. I should imagine there are several variations of this certain joke virus which may make it hard to remove with the average virus scanner.

However, it may just be the case of finding the files manually and deleting them,

Jimbob

6. nadirah

nadirah Registered Member

LOL!!! This kind of problem happened on my old computer many times, I found out its a hacker at work in the system background... but I find it kinda funny when the CD drive pops open on its own, some people think its a ghost at work!!! :D

7. AJohn

AJohn Registered Member

So this means you have simple program playing around with u, or script kiddie playing around with you (with potential to do anything they like... when they get sick of u they delete ur comp)

Download trial version of Ewido, TDS3, Trojan Hunter, Trojan Remover or w.e u like and clean ur system.

Someone is getting off at ur expense :p

8. bigc73542

bigc73542 Retired Moderator

sorry mazzii but we don't read HJT log here any more. see link
    here

there are links to forums that do fix HJT logs here

your log has been removed

bigc

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. This site uses cookies to help personalise content, tailor your experience and to keep you logged in if you register.
    By continuing to use this site, you are consenting to our use of cookies.