My C drive shows up as unformatted

Discussion in 'Paragon Drive Backup Product Line' started by teaman, Jul 1, 2010.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. teaman

teaman Registered Member

I just installed Paragon backup and recovery 10.2 free edition. I created a CD from which to boot as suggested in the help files. I booted off of the CD and selected backup/restore. It listed all my drives. My C drive (the one I boot from every day) is listed as unformatted. Paragon lists it as basic HD 1. It says the E drive is unformatted and the F drive is called factory image. It also says that it E (my C) is NOT active. Indeed one of my drives is called factory image, it has the recovery files on it as installed by HP. Factory image is a partition on drive 1. My C drive is also a partition on drive 1. I did NOT try to backup drive 1 "unformatted".

The real scoop on drive 1 is:
    Hitachi, NTFS, SATA, SMART, Healthy, 307 GB used, 190 GB free. And the drive name is HP.

What am I doing wrong?

2. Mech_An

Mech_An Registered Member

In most common cases, Unformatted or Invalid partitions are caused by wrong partitioning, when partitions borders cross each other.
    Please contact Paragon support team and they will help you to fix it:
    * Log-in to My Account and click Send new support request

As of not active C: - if you have Windows Vista/7 there could be small MSR partition, where boto files are stored, and it will be Active.
    Some notebooks vendors make their special partitions (e.g Factory Image) Active.

3. teaman

teaman Registered Member

I have been using this PC for almost a year with no problems. It IS active and IS formatted. I am using vista. Thanks for the input. I sent a support request to Paragon.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. This site uses cookies to help personalise content, tailor your experience and to keep you logged in if you register.
    By continuing to use this site, you are consenting to our use of cookies.