My bank got crazy.

Discussion in 'privacy general' started by ErikAlbert, Mar 25, 2007.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. ErikAlbert

ErikAlbert Registered Member

Its only additional feature, is that you can read how much money you still have on Proton, which is another method to pay in smaller shops.
    But that information is stored on your bankcard and has nothing to do with a connection.

2. Carver

Carver Registered Member

Maybe so, sorry I was going on what you said.

3. ErikAlbert

No sweat. I knew already, the bankcard reader was safe to use.
    I just don't agree with the way the banks solved it.
    If the bank ever asks my opinion I will say every time :
    Security improved ? YES. Practical ? NO, but I'm very sure they know this already.

4. ErikAlbert

Question : are malicious keyloggers still a danger with this new login procedure of my bank website, which was the most vulnerable and dangerous activity on my computer in the past o_O

5. Paranoid2000

Paranoid2000 Registered Member

Keyloggers will still work and pose a danger for other accounts - but an attacker with a keylogger installed on your machine wouldn't be able to access your bank account unless they were able to steal your codekey generator (assuming that it has some unique key linked to your account, preventing them from using someone else's).

6. ErikAlbert

Well that thief needs :
    - my bankcard and
    - my bankcard reader and
    - to know my bankcard password to get a new login-password.
    It won't be easy for bad guys this time. :cool:

Thanks for the info.

EDIT :
    At least ONE advantage of this new login-procedure. :rolleyes:

Last edited: Apr 4, 2007
  7. twl845

twl845 Registered Member

I am the treasurer for a club I belong to. In order to use online banking I have to type in my ID and password, which takes me to a second page where a picture I chose comes up, and I type in another password. Periodically this page will ask me a question that only I know the answer to. Then I gain access to my account for a predetermined amount of time. I thought this was a pain in the _$$ because my personal bank only required one ID and password and I was in. This eventually made me a little nervous because my personal bank was becoming vulnerable compared to the first bank. Recently my personal bank notified me that it is going to the exact method that the first bank is using. I feel a lot better now. :D

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. This site uses cookies to help personalise content, tailor your experience and to keep you logged in if you register.
    By continuing to use this site, you are consenting to our use of cookies.